Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Falstaff

New in Town
Hello everyone! I am new to the site and was directed here to make an official introduction. My name is Jon and I live in wild, wonderful, West Virginia. I really like just about anything relating the early to mid 20th century. It doesn't matter if it is art, architecture, fashion, music, or anything else, I just love the period. I look forward to meeting other loungers and becoming an active member of the community. This is a really great site!

Magister

Familiar Face
Hello all, I posted an intro elsewhere before noticing this section. Anyway, I'm Alan and I'm a Michigan native now living in a rural corner of Connecticut. I discovered this site while looking for information on waxed cotton jackets similar to the Barbour International and Belstaff Trialmaster. Because I have always enjoyed dresing nicely and also old fashioned things, I got sucked right in. I finally decided it was time to stop lurking and participate.

Cricket

Practically Family
I know this is probably in the wrong thread so please feel free to move it.

I am having a problem uploading photos. When I upload from my computer, it tells me the file is too large when it is as small as I can size it. When I try to upload from photobucket, it leaves me with the red x in my post.

What am I doing wrong?

1109sharbrough1.jpg

This is what I am getting, as shown above.

Fury964

Familiar Face

Hi all
I have had a brief look around and like what I see.

Just a quick intro. I'm Rob (fury964), my girlfriend and I are into RAF reenactment and SOE. We are part of a reenactment group called The Baker Street Boys. Some of you may have seen us on bicycles at Goodwood Revival in the UK, portraying a squadron formation training session on the track throughout the weekend.
We also supported the airfield behind the line up of 12 Spitfires, ensuring that it looked like an operational airfield.
If and when I figure out how to post pictures (don't think I'm allowed to yet) I will.

I look forward to talking with you and discussing uniforms, events and stuff.

Last edited:

Fury964

Familiar Face
Wow, things happen quick around here. I just discovered this part and was thinking that I should have posted my hello here, and then bam, here it is.
Good stuff.

MissDecember

New in Town
Hello everyone! After lurking for longer than I can remember I figured it was about time I jump in and actually introduce myself and start contributing.

I've been more or less "vintage" for about 8 or 10 years, did some WWII reenacting for most of them, but these days I mostly just do vintage hair and clothing. I'm mostly a late 30's to mid 40's girl, but there's a soft spot in my heart for 50's cars and 60's music. And living in SoCal and definitely given me an appreciation for 30's Spanish style architecture.

I can't wait to start getting to know people in here, everyone seems so well versed in so many topics!

-Elizabeth

Fury964

Familiar Face
Hi Elizabeth. Just started here myself. My girlfriend and I do 40s reenactment. I do RAF but my GF is into the hair and the fashion. I'm trying to get her to register here as well, but of yet no luck.

MissDecember

New in Town
Hi Elizabeth. Just started here myself. My girlfriend and I do 40s reenactment. I do RAF but my GF is into the hair and the fashion. I'm trying to get her to register here as well, but of yet no luck.

If she's into the hair and fashion she should definitely be on here, there's sooooo much info for the ladies!

Fury964

Familiar Face
If she's into the hair and fashion she should definitely be on here, there's sooooo much info for the ladies!

I shall show her your message, she is also a petrol head (like myself) and spends much time on motoring forums. I think once she has gotten her head around the fact there are such forums as this for vintage fashions, she will be on here as much as the motoring one.

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone, while I'm not exactly new, I've been on hiatus for a long time as I was working in Alaska then concentrating on getting my wife's Visa so she could emigrate to the USA. She's here now and I find myself with time to spare so it's back to getting my vintage wardrobe back together again. I figured I would re=introduce myself here first before posting elsewhere. I found some nice ties the other day browsing goodwill and I'll post them in the tie thread as soon as I get pictures. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Str8Jacket

New in Town
Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,
While I've posted on a few other threads, I felt most comfortable posting my hello's and how-do-you-do's here. I do apologize for not floating my real name out at this time. I hope that doesn't offend, however, I generally introduce myself by name on a face to face basis. Please call me Str8. I am 30 years old and have a wonderful wife and 3 young ones. Currently I serve in the US Marines on the east coast and have happily been doing so for the last 4 years now. I am a prior service Marine (spent 8 years in the Army and reserves) so I'm on my down hill slope towards military retirement. While I don't know if I consider myself "vintage" per se, I would consider myself conservative in dress, fortunately for me, this seems to be the very antithesis of what passes for style these days. So, after deciding to mature my own personal style in keeping with the Gentlemanly tenants (and quit a bit of trolling on the net), I actually came upon an article in the "Art of Manliness" web site and I felt truly captivated by the style and dress of the 20's-50's Gentleman. Truth be told I wanted to learn more, so, "GOOGLE" and here I am. The Gentlemen that I have had the pleasure of interacting with on this site has made me a daily visitor. I look forward to learning from all of you very much as I take "the road less traveled" towards my stylistic goals. Thank you again and Semper Fi!
~Str8

Caroline H

Familiar Face
Hello Everyone! :wave: I've posted on a couple of other threads but I hadn't really introduced myself so..... My husband found his way here first and started pulling up pictures and telling me about things he read and I thought it was wonderful that he had found such a great resource. I guess I must have said it would be great if there was something like that for ladies too because he finally mentioned that there was in fact a whole area just for the ladies right here! I am amazed at all the wonderful information I'm finding here! I've got a note pad next to the computer with all these names of books and websites and products and pattern numbers written all over it from my reading so far! I'm more old-fashioned than truly vintage, at least for now, trying to live in the spirit of the era but not necessarily reproducing the look in full, but as I read on here and see what everyone else is doing I find myself searching out the patterns and buying books to learn more so who knows! :)

Welcome to all the new members!

Welcome back!

Hello everyone, while I'm not exactly new, I've been on hiatus for a long time as I was working in Alaska then concentrating on getting my wife's Visa so she could emigrate to the USA. She's here now and I find myself with time to spare so it's back to getting my vintage wardrobe back together again. I figured I would re=introduce myself here first before posting elsewhere. I found some nice ties the other day browsing goodwill and I'll post them in the tie thread as soon as I get pictures. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo