Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

glamour kittie

New in Town
i have finally come out of hiding. i want to introduce myself.

i've been lurking around here since last year. i know that's a long time. i just didn't know how to introduce myself or know when it was an appropriate time. i am shy, but once you get to know me. you'll say i am not and that i am really outgoing. my screen name is glamour kittie. i have a degree in cosmetology, and a small degree in psychology. i love cats. i have two and new a kitten. hair and make-up are my passion. i love to recreate styles ranging from 20's,30's,40's and 50's. i love to learn new things at fedora lounge. i have learned a lot lurking around here. there are so many kind and informative ladies and gents here. i love it here! i have a myspace for all who want to know more and see pics. http://www.myspace.com/charismaclem

Elle

New in Town
Hello, I'm Noelle. And I too am a long time listener, first time caller. I live in the dirty California desert. Recently, I have finally been able to feed my love for the '30s and '40s, for the first time in my life. It's pretty exciting. Anyway, I've been learning a ton from snooping in on you guys.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Hello

Hello Ladies

I want to introduce myself. I just registered yesterday. My name is Sabine, I am 40 and I live in Berlin, Germany. I've been into old movies since I was a child. And I loved the old dresses and hats and the music of the 30s and 40s. I always thought I am just one of only a few but in fact I am not.
I collect old sewing patterns from the 30s and 40s. Unfortunately I cannot sew so I always have the clothes sewn. We have a very nice tailor in Berlin who is speciallized in the 20-40s style.

Best regards from Berlin.

LadyDeWinter

Glaistig

New in Town
De-lurking Flapper

Hello to all the divinely glamorous ladies in the Powder Room!

This is a wonderful community. I finally joined last week (after lurking for many months). My favorite vintage style is 1920s, i.e., felted cloches, t-straps, drop waist dresses, etc. I'm a knitter in the process of trying to perfect my felted cloches :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello and welcome Jenni, Elle, LadyDeWinter, Leslie, GlamourKitty and Glaistig, and to anyone I might have left out, I'm so sorry. I can't believe how many gals are joining us here. It is always great to see new faces and learn about all of you.
I hope you find the Powder Room and the rest of the Fedora Lounge as informative and fun as I do.
Welcome to you all, I look forward to hearing more from you all....
Daisy

glamgirl

New in Town
Hello ladies. I have been perusing this website for a couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Taya, I'm 28 and from Sydney. I happened upon this website as I was googling for 19302/1940s hairstyles. I've fallen completely in love with it all. It's so nice to find so many other like-minded people to share this passion with. My vintage collection is relatively small but ever-growing and I am yet to master the art of the hairstyles. Though with all the great hints and tutorials from you all I know I can't go wrong. Hope to chat with you all very soon.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Welcome everyone! I just love reading about all of you on this thread! It's nice to find so many ladies with similar interests :)

glamgirl

New in Town
thanks ladies! Have been searching all websites posted by everyone so that I can add to my currently small vintage collection. Have decided to actually get myself a sewing machine and start making my own repros. Some of the items on the websites are to die for but I just can't afford them all. Plus it's a lot harder getting stuff in Aus so I've decided to put my own known talent to use again and see how I go. Have also found that a shoe store in Australia makes excellent shoes similar to those that we all are looking for. The website is www.mollini.com I just recently bought two pairs of "Megan", one in black and the other in ivory/linen. Beautiful and so comfy too.

ChezPez

New in Town
Greetings, ladies. I'm new too. Well, kind of. I've been lurking for a bit. I figured it's about time to join in. I found this place looking for hair help (I'm a bit hair retarded) and info on vintage shapewear, and I was sure glad to find the help! In addition to that, you gals have all inspired me to start saving up for sewing lessons. When I told my family and friends, I think they almost fainted. Well first they laughed, because they thought I was joking. Yeah, its that bad.

Anyway, I'm in love with this place so far. It's been immensely helpful and interesting. Thanks! Hopefully I'll stop lurking so much...

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
wow, there's quite a few more ladies in here now! Welcome to the lounge, I'm glad you're now jumping in and posting! Hope you meet some wonderful ladies in here and as you well know, learn more of your area of interest regarding vintage.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ChezPez said:
Greetings, ladies. I'm new too. Well, kind of. I've been lurking for a bit. I figured it's about time to join in. I found this place looking for hair help (I'm a bit hair retarded) and info on vintage shapewear, and I was sure glad to find the help! In addition to that, you gals have all inspired me to start saving up for sewing lessons. When I told my family and friends, I think they almost fainted. Well first they laughed, because they thought I was joking. Yeah, its that bad.

Anyway, I'm in love with this place so far. It's been immensely helpful and interesting. Thanks! Hopefully I'll stop lurking so much...
Hi ChezPez and welcome to the lounge!
I was just wondering, and I'm so sorry if this comes across as strange but, does your screen name have anything to do with PEZ dispensers? I realize this might come across as silly, it's just that I collect PEZ, and thought that maybe there was another person into vintage who also collected them too.
Well, Welcome to The Lounge. I hope you find it fun and meet lots of nice gals.
Daisy

ChezPez

New in Town
Daisy Buchanan said:
Hi ChezPez and welcome to the lounge!
I was just wondering, and I'm so sorry if this comes across as strange but, does your screen name have anything to do with PEZ dispensers? I realize this might come across as silly, it's just that I collect PEZ, and thought that maybe there was another person into vintage who also collected them too.
Well, Welcome to The Lounge. I hope you find it fun and meet lots of nice gals.
Daisy

Hi Daisy!
Actually, I used to. An old friend gave me that nickname a long time ago. I had a pretty well rounded collection, but I lost all my PEZ dispensers in one of my various moves, and so my collecting days were numbered. :/ I managed to keep a few Star Wars ones, a Batman, and a Wonder Woman though. ...yes, I'm a total geek. And proud, damn it! Heh. Ah, well. It used to be so fun to decorate the room with them! Maybe I'll start up again someday.
Hope you're collection's doing better than mine!

Spinkitten

New in Town
Hi Ladies

New in here too,

I discovered the site whilest looking for some info online about setting lotion. All the hair shops around here keep giving me mousse![huh] Anyhoo, I caught the swing bug in 2000, and have been addicted to it ever since. Got into swing dancing and taught it for a little while until injury forced me out in 2004, filling in 2 years, got engaged and married to my darling jazz man, packed up and left the big smoke and moved to his family home in the country. Missing the dancing heaps and there is nothing out here so looking at getting either the swing school i use to teach with on board or just start something myself:rolleyes:

Anyways ... just blah blah blahing so Hi to all and looking forward to sharing stuff with you all ;)

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Hello, Ladies! I just discovered this forum (it's my first post). I am a swing dancer and a fellow anachronist and can't wait to get myself even more befitted in the most alluring style there is...the past. I'm looking to you ladies to help me out to be the 40s dream I've always...dreamed of being! Lovely to meet you all. :)

Kayce

CourtneyJordan

New in Town
Hello Everyone,
I am new here. Although I have been reading around for a week or so, I have just gotten a spare moment to register, and I am so glad that I did, already! My name is Courtney, I'm a 17 year old senior in high school here in Los Angeles, California. I found this website when searching google for wearing fashions of the 1940s, and vintage boutiques that carry 1920-1950s clothing in Los Angeles. Every since I was a little girl, I have been enamored with the style and classiness and femininity of these bygone eras. In elementary school I became obsessed with the culture of the Victorians, and of the early 1900s through the 1920s. I insisted on wearing reproduction dresses of these eras, and even at that age, read up on the history of those times. As I grew up a bit, I began sifting through old family photographs. I began to become obsessed with the 1920s-1950s in my school age days. I translated my love for the glamour and grace of those eras through my ballet and figure skating. Slightly later on, I became very interested in interior decorating and redecorated my bedroom into a golden era boudoir. I drew inspiration from classic films and images that I found, and collected vintage furniture and objects'd'art. Next came the love for vintage clothing and old time music. I fell in love with everything about those times. My favorite eras for dressing are definitely the 1930s-the mid 1950s, but I do occasionally love the 1920s. I live the vintage lifestyle in much of my life, because it makes me happy.
Nice to meet you all and hope to talk to you soon!
-Courtney

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Welcome to all the new ladies. I'm fairly new here myself and have found this website to be a wealth of information. I can tell that some of the new (and "old") ladies are much younger than I and that just thrills me. I overheard an older gentleman comment that the younger generation doesn't care much for the history and lifestyles of previous generations. He thought that the 20s-40s eras would be "by-gones" within 20 years and no one would care. I will be able to happily tell him and others that there is still a lot of interest in the Golden Era and those young people will be able to carry the torch long after we're gone.
Welcome all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran