Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Sunland Sare

New in Town
hey ladies,

etiquette dictates i introduce myself.... well, my name is sarah, i'm 21 and i'm from sunderland in north east england. although truth be told, i live in a town called washington - the original one, where some fella called george washington's family hailed from.

i adore anything from the golden era, thankfully so does my other half, and we're taking dance lessons so we can go to the tea-dances with his grandad and his grandad's "new lady friend", anne.

i really hope there are some girlies on here from my neck of the woods up for some swaps and bartering!!

ivy l'vine

New in Town
I'm New Too

Hello everyone. I'm new, and I am loving this site!!! My Finacee introducted me to this and I am hooked!!!

I'm 27 years old. I dance Burlesque in Las Vegas, Nv. If there is anyone eles from Vegas I would love to hear from you.

Ying Ko

New in Town
Hello everyone. I'm another one of those guys that lurked in the shadows of the various threads until I got up the courage to register. It's a little intimidating; the sartorial knowledge some of you have borders on the obsessive.

I've got lots of images to post, which I will do as soon as I can figure out how my digital camera works. In the meantime, I'll reply where I think I can offer something of substance.

Thank you for inviting me to your party.

Mirax H

New in Town
New to vintage

Hi everyone. I've been lurking a while and figured I ought to introduce myself. My name is Kristen. I've been into costuming for about 5 years. I realize that is a little different than what most of you do. I started as a Star Wars geek and then expanded into movie costuming. My boyfriend is also into costuming and photography. Our latest venture is recreating Johnny Ringo from Tombstone for him and I have a beautiful dress to go with. I recently was at a con and saw several couples dressed in 1940's wear and got inspired. I am wanting to go vintage 1940's to our next con but am also seeing that I can incorporate it into my everyday life which I love very much. I would love to get my boyfriend a 1940's military dress uniform to go with my outfits for our cons, that would rock! Anyhow, for those interested, my website is swchick.com and you can see what I do. I've made some of my costumes and some I have purchased. Some are screen used, some are not. My latest one isn't on there yet but here are some pictures. I'm also a veterinarian and live in Arizona. Anyway, I've gone on long enough. Thanks for being here, I really enjoy this forum!
vintage_mirax.jpg

vintage_mirax2.jpg

vintage_mirax3.jpg

certainlyred

New in Town
Hello, all. I didn't realize there was an actual thread for introductions or I would have done it sooner!

My name is Meg, and I'm a 19-year-old college student. I've always had a love for vintage, but only recently began dressing that way.

Of course my screen name is my favourite shade of lipstick...

I love the boards! It's so nice to meet all of you.

Tuppence B.

New in Town
Hello all you impressive people!

It's time to step up. I'm not only very impressed by the amount of knowledge that is evident in all you Fedora Loungers, but as the missus of Woland - who is daily referring Fedora knowledge - it is time that I start to mix in :)

And Woland and I - we have our own pet project - to walk through Oslo's streets as the perfect 40's couple :). And yes - as many Norwegians - we also have a healthy anglophile mania - the whole "tweedy look" is simply gorgeous!

Forgive us Vikings :)

Elin F.
Who loves knitting, sowing, crocheting.... and WILL report on my road to 40's perfection...... (and as it might be a long one - I should have a lot to report...)

Brinybay

Practically Family
I first found this forum while researching for a Roaring 20s/speakeasy party theme. Got some good info regarding that and continue to do so.

My primary hobby is scuba diving.

But after seeing some of the stunningly beautiful women and sharply dressed guys here, I realized I may have found a secondary hobby.

At first I thought this forum was just about one particular hat. However, after browsing more, I realized it's not just hats or even vintage clothes, but all things vintage. So I'm more "vintage-y" than I realized. I've been slowly adding pieces of vintage furniture to my small apt. for a couple of years. I also collect vintage GOEBEL beer artifacts, but I don't go overboard with them, just small items I can get for $10-$20. (Primary hobby takes priority). I also love the music of the Golden Era. I thought I didn't like jazz until I heard Artie Shaw. I have a 10 CD collection of Artie Shaw I found on Amazon.com and many other artists of the era that I collected from the 1920s Radio Network.

I'm in the market for vintage clothing, but I'm going to start small, probably with a hat. I don't have the funds for a suit and no place to where it to anyway. I'm leaning towards a leather "newsboy" aka herringbone aka driving cap like this one: Newsboy-DRIVING-Cap

When I get an article of vintage clothing, I'll post a pic of me in it. In the mean time, you'll have to be content with whatever's in my avatar (I like to change them from time to time).

Jovan

Suspended
Brinybay, my first and so far only vintage suit cost me less than $50! Keep that in mind. Some good hats go for more than quality vintage suits on eBay.

Welcome to the forum.

Tuppence B.

New in Town
You must have a smart dog, Miss Brill.

My dog is called Soda - and yes - it is full of action and "bubbles" (and fortunately not of gas..) For me, however, Tuppence is to honour the lady who really taught me english. I got stuck on Mrs. Christies novels at 12 - and man - did it do wonders to my grades.
All my English essays started with "in a small cottage covered with ivy..." It really charmed my English teatcher.

Thank you everyone for a warm welcome:)

old yazoo

Familiar Face
hello!

I'm in utter fascination! Been here just a short while, and if only there were more hours in the day to spend here with you! The wealth of information is overwhelming!! All you guys and dolls really know your stuff. See ya'll around!

Funny Face

New in Town
Hello!
My name is Mary, and I am 14 years old. I have loved everything vintage my whole life, but have only recently gotten interested in dressing in vintage clothing. I've been reading the forums for a while, and everyone looks so beautiful and seems so nice! I look forward to being a part of it!

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Tuppence B. said:
And Woland and I - we have our own pet project - to walk through Oslo's streets as the perfect 40's couple :). (.......)
Forgive us Vikings :)
Hello there, fellow viking! If I see a perfect 40s couple next time I'm in Oslo, I know who it is.

Velkommen til loungen! Her er kryr det av kunnskapsrike og hyggelige folk, s?• du kommer sikkert til ?• trives.

JG

New in Town
Hello all

Hi all,

My handle here is JG.

I stumbled across this site during my search for a heavy off-white turtleneck sweater like the one Michael Caine wore in the 60’s WWII movie “The Battle of Britain”. On finding the string related to the subject here, I read one of your denizen’s post that the article in question was actually a navy sweater and I was able to track one down that fit the bill.

The story above will tip you off that a particular interest of mine is WWII. I have wanted a WWII American Winter Combat or “Tanker” jacket ever since I was 10 years old and I saw Clint Eastwood wearing one in the movie “Kelly’s Heroes.” Twenty-five years later the Internet led me to various reeanctor web sites and I have integrated the coveted jacket and a couple of other reproduction and surplus items into my wardrobe. I am only mildly surprised by the number of compliments I get when I wear them to work or out on the town. Besides, living in Canada, being able to wear my East German surplus wool pants (2 pairs for $15 on the Sportsman’s Guide) to my business casual office when it’s –20 degrees Celsius is practically a matter of life and death.

Other than the above, I don’t really collect vintage cloths but I guess I’m just drawn generally to things old fashioned. In high school I thought the tweedy 30’s look I saw on Masterpiece Theatre beat anything I saw at the mall. When I wore my Harris Tweed jacket and one of my dad’s 50’s vintage silk ties (Dad was a bit of hep cat in his day) out to a movie with the guys, they really didn’t know what to make of me. When “Top Gun” came out and all my friends were all running around saying, “I feel the need for speed!”, I still thought that if Michael Caine landed his WWII Spitfire next to Tom Cruise and his Tomcat, Tom wouldn’t get a second look from the Ladies.

My other interests are things such as carpentry, redecorating/renovating my 90+ year old house (out with the new, in with the old) and outdoor activities such as canoeing , fishing, hunting and skiing. All stuff that’s quiet and methodical, I notice. I basically avoid anything that comes with the adverb “extreme.”

Bit of a long-winded intro on my part. Well done, anyone who bothers to plough through it. Suffice to say, I am enjoying poking around this site as much as I would a flea market or a second hand shop.

Cheers,

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart