Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Legendary USA Exclusive Jacket

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Hey guys,

Figured I'd share this here in case anybody was interested. Looks like Legendary USA is now taking preorders for Apr-May release on a Horsehide version of their 613 One Star jacket. They're also running a 15% off sale on Schott right now so it would be only $620.

Not bad for a schott horsehide jacket. Also pretty cool that they landed this exclusive, saw threads on the schott forums back to 2010 of people asking for this jacket to be made. I wish they would still have included the snaps for the fur collar behind the collar flap but I guess you can't have it all haha.

Hope somebody here buys it so we can see pics!

http://www.legendaryusa.com/Schott-NYC-613H-Horsehide-Star-Perfecto-Jacket_p_517.html

Mysteryo

One Too Many
What leather do they mean by "Italian Horsehide", is it the same as their limited edition of the Buco J24: a very desappointing shiny vinyl lookalike leather? I can't count the number of jackets made in this hide for sale on Ebay! I 'd be very interested in this 613, but definitely not with this type of hide.... I'l wait to have more infos about that crucial point. Anyway, thanks for the communication American Iron!

Last edited:

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
What leather do they mean by "Italian Horsehide", is it the same as their limited edition of the Buco J24: a very desappointing shiny vinyl lookalike leather? I can't count the number of jackets made in this hide for sale on Ebay! I 'd be very interested in this 613, but definitely not with this type of hide.... I'l wait to have more infos about that crucial point. Anyway, thanks for the communication American Iron!

I'm actually surprised to hear that, I've heard (and seen) some great things regarding the horsehide that Schott uses. It's definitely shiny at first but will not remain so if worn through the elements. Many sell their jackets when they receive them and realize how stiff it is, would be akin to getting a pair of Levi's 501 shrink to fits and selling them because they're too stiff and rigid.

Also, Schott only sells one type of horsehide so this jacket will be offered in the same horsehide you're referring to, though it will not contain the felt "fusing" that was a point of frustration for some.

IXL

One Too Many
I have a Shott horsehide jacket with several years of use. It started out very shiny but with wearing has become quite pleasing in appearance. It never suffered any "vinyl" look.

I too have only good things to say about Schott HH. Beautiful, very substantial leather that ages really well and really fast!

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Schotts prices went up again. .. I'm glad I picked up mendel's cafe jacket.

Its the Same shiny hh they use for the 618 and 641h.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I have a Shott horsehide jacket with several years of use. It started out very shiny but with wearing has become quite pleasing in appearance. It never suffered any "vinyl" look.

+1 - While they appear shiny and without much character at first, so do many horsehides. You need to break them in, let the grain start to pop, get it a little wet. I've thought every broken in Schott HH that I've seen has looked fantastic.

Edward

Bartender
I might keep an eye for one of these on the use market in time; I'd love a 613, but with a 618, a Johnson D pocket and plans for an Aero J106, I don't think I could justify one of these at full price!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The jacket itself i.e. a 613 HH same label etc is not new. Schott has made a few batches before this. I also find the HH used by Schott looks a bit like vinyl when new though it is not vinyl to the touch. Similar shinny HH are used by Buzz Ricksons on their entry level A-2, a bit better than those used on Morgan A-2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24