Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lostworlds Questions Advice

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the input on the other thread. For better or worse I decided at this time on a Lostworlds.
Wanted some advice between two choices. Its killing me. On the one hand I love the Easy Rider but at the same fear I would rather wear a Suburban when I am offf the bike. To be honest my Fox Creek Racer is sized up for sweaters and colder weather so this coat will be for transitional weather and more off bike.
Love folks thoughts as I am sleeping on waking with this decsion daily...doh!
Its collar versus no collar.

THANKS!

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I have both, the Suburban may be more practical (the hec with practicality tho, get what you really want). One thing I would add tho is ask Stu for actual jacket measurements because they fit differently. The Easy Ryder imo fits true to size but the Suburban imo runs a tad smaller. I'd size up in the Suburban, but ask Stu to give measurements of both, hopefully he's in a good mood.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
On the one hand I love the Easy Rider but at the same fear I would rather wear a Suburban when I am offf the bike. To be honest my Fox Creek Racer is sized up for sweaters and colder weather so this coat will be for transitional weather and more off bike. [...] Its collar versus no collar.

I don't have an Easy Ryder, so I have no insight there, but I do have the Suburban. The Suburban isn't really a motorcycle jacket by design, imo, though it works just fine on a bike. FWIW, I have worn in the Suburban in 40 kt. headwinds without a windshield and had no trouble at all with the collar, even when passing semi-trucks. On the other hand, airflow is different for every bike/rider combination because of geometry and posture, so my experience is really no guarantee. From your description of how the jacket will be used, I would personally be more inclined toward the Suburban simply because it doesn't say "motorcycle gear" from every angle and the zipperless hand pockets are more suited for off-bike activity and looks.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, and my notions are clearly biased by the fact that I actually have a Suburban to comment on. As HDRnR said, get what you really want. It seems to me that you understand the trade-offs of each design well enough, and all the advice in the world won't make those differences go away, lol.

Last edited:

norton123

New in Town
Thanks for all the input on the other thread. For better or worse I decided at this time on a Lostworlds.
Wanted some advice between two choices. Its killing me. On the one hand I love the Easy Rider but at the same fear I would rather wear a Suburban when I am offf the bike. To be honest my Fox Creek Racer is sized up for sweaters and colder weather so this coat will be for transitional weather and more off bike.
Love folks thoughts as I am sleeping on waking with this decsion daily...doh!
Its collar versus no collar.

THANKS!

I have an easy ryder and I thought it was a tad oversized when I bought. Great jacket though, too bad I out grew it!

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Snark, in your opinion is the Suburban true to size ?

A perfectly reasonable question, but I hate it when people ask that! lol I normally wear a 38R, and my 38R Suburban fits me quite well in shoulders, sleeve length, and body length, with enough room for a sweater or vest underneath. Having said that, people have different preferences as to snugness of fit and even sleeve length, so the question of "proper fit" is a matter of some interpretation. There is a tendency for people to assume that the best-fitting jacket they have ever owned in a particular size to be the correct dimensions for that size, but even different designs from the same manufacturer are cut and sewn to fit differently, so the question is difficult to answer. IMO, the Suburban is "true to size" because the size I normally wear fits the way I want it to fit. That's not much help to anyone else, of course, but the only way to really get the fit you want is to talk to the manufacturer and ask for the dimensions of the design in the size you're considering.

I've lost count of how many PMs I've recieved asking for specific measurements of my LW jackets. Though I like to be helpful, I've finally taken to replying that the question is best directed to Stuart at LW, for a number of reasons, among which are: 1) I'm not a professional tailor, and there is no assurance that I'm taking the same measurement in the same way as the manufacturer. 2) Leather jackets tend to mold to the wearer's body through stretching and creasing, so the measurements of a used jacket can be rather different from a new jacket, and I have no way of knowing what the dimensions were when new. 3) Unless you normally wear a 38R, I don't see how measurements of my jackets are applicable. 4) Why ask me, when you can get better information from the manufacturer? My experience of what measurements qualify as a "good fit" or "true to size" are limited to my own body and my own preferences in fit; people vary widely in both respects.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Snark, right but relative to every other 38 you have ? The thing is that my Easy Ryder in 44 fits like I think a 44 should compared to everything else i wear in that size while the the Suburban just seems a tad smaller in every aspect.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Snark, right but relative to every other 38 you have ? The thing is that my Easy Ryder in 44 fits like I think a 44 should compared to everything else i wear in that size while the the Suburban just seems a tad smaller in every aspect.

Sorry, I thought it was clear. My 38 from LW fits like a 38 from Fox Creek, though the design is fuller than size 38 jackets I have from Aero and Vanson. As far as I'm concerned, the LW 38 is "true to size", as compared to the same size from most other manufacturers (accounting for design differences).

One of the Regulars
Sr. Ortiz;
The Easy Rider it's a an MC jacket that can easily be wear as a casual jacket as well ( to play both scenarios 3.o OZ weight will be the ticket).
The Suburban is not an MC jacket, you can use it for riding your bike, but there will be compromises ( no action back) like the Easy Rider has will make the jacket to ride up depending on your riding position.
If you can only has one at this time, go with the Easy Rider because it can play both scenarios.
Besides that they are 2 totally different jacket styles.
PS: Regardless of the model choice you decided for the best ,hands down!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda