Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Member Introduction

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Warm greetings from the state of Florida! My name is Marlin, and I'm from Florida--Hence the name.

I've been a hat wearer all my life, but since my wife bought me my first Panama Fedora, I have been hooked.

I have enjoyed reading the posts. There is a wealth of knowledge here. Regards. F_M

101_0287a.JPG

new1a.JPG

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Welcome aboard Marlin, glad we didn't have to gaff you to get you on-board! (gaff, aboard, Marlin, get it..?? :eusa_doh: ;) :p :D)

I think we'd all like to see those photos a little larger. Can you oblige us?

MCrider

A-List Customer
As a fellow "new guy" I wanted to give you a hearty welcome Marlin! As you know from reading the posts, there's a lot of people that can help you with anything hat related. So kick back and enjoy!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome Marlin!

As a frequent traveler to the lovely State of FL, I hope you can share some wonderful hat shops with us!

Enjoy the Lounge and welcome aboard.

Vintage Betty

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the Welcomes

I enlarged the pictures, so much easier to see.

Yes, Indycop, the fountain is in St. Augustine, just a few yards from the old gate, just off ST. George street. That picture is one of my favorites. Note the clock in the background, such an authentic timestamp.

For all the fish jokes, the nice thing about a name like Marlin is I can relate to fishermen, baseball fans, or hunters who like ole Marlin lever actions. Or, how about the Marlin Spike, a pocket knife. I think we need to name a hat "the Marlin". How's this?
101_1602a.JPG

That's the first Fedora my Wife bought me. I think I'll name it "The Marlin" Ha.Ha.

For Colby Jack, I live in Perry, about 50 miles around the Big Bend from Tallahassee, on the Gulf Coast.

By the way, both of those hats came from a store called the "Panama Hat Company of St. Augustine". If you're in St. Augie, give it a visit. It's in the Old City on St. George.

Regards, F_M

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Well we're practically neighbors then Marlin...I'm in Lake City...Indycop is in Jax...You need to come up with something Art can make and call it the "Marlin"!:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Florida_Marlin said:
By the way, both of those hats came from a store called the "Panama Hat Company of St. Augustine". If you're in St. Augie, give it a visit. It's in the Old City on St. George.

Regards, F_M
I got my short brimmed panama from there. Not a big fan of that thing they put in the crown to make it pinch proof though. I would like to tighten the pinch but it ain't movin.:eusa_doh:

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Lake City/Jax area

Colby Jack and Indycop,
Well, hello to a couple more North Floridians! I fly out of JAX alot on business, so I'm over there every once in a while.

Indycop, glued-in insert in my Panama from St Aug fell out after I wore it-alot-out in the heat. I think the heat caused the glue to fail. I seemed to be applied with a rather light, spray type adhesive. Since I don't handle my hats by the crown, I have not had any problems

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
It's great to have ya here Marlin!...Last Feb, IC and I met up at the Olustee Battle reenactment...Got to meet his family and the most lovely Dee, his wife.
I have still been meaning to get out to St. Augustine and check out that hat store. Everytime I go out that way, plans change....[huh] :(

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Florida_Marlin said:
Colby Jack and Indycop,
Well, hello to a couple more North Floridians! I fly out of JAX alot on business, so I'm over there every once in a while.

Indycop, glued-in insert in my Panama from St Aug fell out after I wore it-alot-out in the heat. I think the heat caused the glue to fail. I seemed to be applied with a rather light, spray type adhesive. Since I don't handle my hats by the crown, I have not had any problems
Hmmnn maybe I can get it to come out then. I don't wear it much cos I feel like it is too short in the brim, but i distort the longer brimmed panamas.:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot