Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member peekin' in

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Hello to all.
I've been lurking for a few months and decided to join in.
Art Deco and the Golden age has interested me for many years which has inspired me to decorate my home with many period collectibles. Lighters, watches (both wrist and pocket) serving trays and knick knacks.
Over the past year I have become interested in fedoras, starting with a few from Baileys, just to get used to wearing a hat. I'm now interested in upgrading my fedora collection to include fur felts, and this place has educated me tremendously. Keep up with the fine pictures and information, it's real helpful.

Here's a few pictures of me in hats. Let me know what you think.

MikeBlkBailey.jpg

MikeGryBailey2.jpg

Duper

Practically Family
Welcome aboard Mickey D. I like the telephone in the background. My 12 year old son has never even see a rotary dial phone or a record player for that matter.

You wear a hat well.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Mickey D, you've been here for years, haven't you? Seems that way. Yes, hat correct, phone correct, decor correct. All correct!
And hello to Ms Akert!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Duper said:
Welcome aboard Mickey D. I like the telephone in the background. My 12 year old son has never even see a rotary dial phone or a record player for that matter.

You wear a hat well.

The other day, I was watching some 80's tv show, Murder She Wrote I think, and was thinking to myself how much I miss the old tan rotary dial we had when I was a kid.:(

Randy

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge Mickey D!

Love those hat pictures; what are the two hats you're wearing? Any special stories on them?

I love that lighter and phone too. Very nice decor! :eusa_clap

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the welcome all.
The lids are just Baileys, something for me to get used to wearing a fedora. Worked pretty good. Now it's time for a custom or an EBay purchase. I love Art Fawcett's styles alot. Being a former neighbor in the SF Bay Area (Rodeo), I will have to patronize him. :D

Here's one more crushable Bailey with a thin ribbon.

MikeBrnBailey.jpg

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Hey, Mickey! I really like the dark grey second Bailey's hat picture. Something like that might be my next hat. (just got my first, which is an all-black Stetson Temple, not too different from your first picture)

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Forgotten Man said:
The first hat looks good, the second one... not crazy about stingies but, that's just me.

In the first photo, is that a Kellogg red-bar telephone I see? :D

Not crazy about the narrow brim stingy either, but wanted to try it. That's what's good about buying a few wool felt Baileys. Won't break the bank while deciding.

Yes, the telephone is a reconditioned functional Kellog Redbar. You know your telephones! :D
My son's friend was over last night and commented on it, asking how it worked. So he called his mother. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart