Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome!
I am sure you will find some like-minded souls in the halls.
I have seen some Edwardian and Victorian photos on a few people's websites.
I am looking forward to your contributions. :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You've made a friend already

Isn't Jeremy Brett perfect as Holmes? One of the few instances where the filmed version equals the books.

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, 221B. There are several here who reach back to the Victorians for inspiration. Have you found the good websites for shopping? Waistcoats, frock coats, shoes, etc?

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
also new

I just joined yesterday after reading most of the posts that piqued my interest. What a great group of knowledgeable people here!

And 221B- I nearly went with a sherlockian name and avatar myself- Jeremy Brett was the most perfect Holmes ever cast. I watch the DVD's of the Granada episodes religiously.

My wife and I are restoring a large 2 story home built in 1905, attempting to get it as period as possible and/or practical.

Anyway- glad to be a member here at the fedora lounge.

Fred G.

Familiar Face
Ready Freddie joined last month... I am enjoying it... Good topics.

I like the avatars-- some of my favorites are Pilgrim's, Adamsgotchalk, Hemingway Jones.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome ..

Peace be unto thee, stranger, enter and be not afraid.
Sit and rest and refresh your soul.
All, all is yours, and you are welcome.

I can see we're going to get along just fine. I think Jeremy Brett was the quintessential Sherlock Holmes - a great avatar!

Show us your lid!

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Hey! Welcome to the Lounge! i think you'll find a surprisingly good group of folks here. I know I have! I don't even think of this as an "online" community anymore, it's just... The Lounge. ;)

Welcome!

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Greeting sir! A sherlock holmes fan with a classy hat no doubt to match. glad to have you 221B, I enjoyed a few Basil Rathbone flicks in my time. I felt a little comraderie to the gentleman, being a fellow fencer and all.
" The hounds are upon us now" Enjoy !!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr_Misanthropy said:
I don't even think of this as an "online" community anymore, it's just... The Lounge. ;)

I know! I'm planning to spend several hundred bucks to go the Queen Mary and hang out with a bunch of folks I've never met, and I've only been on here a month. Great group!

221b

Familiar Face
Thanks

I really appreciate the warm welcome. Its great to talk to like minded people who aprreciate style and class. The world has become too relaxed and sloppy in all aspects, especially dress. thanks again. "The game is afoot":eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou