Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New "mud"-splattered denim, anyone? Just US$425 to you, mate.

Stand By

One Too Many
The latest Japanese denim jeans from Nordstroms. Well, I've seen the paint-splattered denim and the ones where it looks like someone accidentally sat on a freshly-painted park bench - and now this.
It certainly looks like someone wiped something on them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/mens-style/have-heard-one-300-faux-mud-splattered-jeans/

PS. Perhaps this belongs in the very entertaining "Just when you think you've seen it all" thread?
Please be my guest to move it if you think so, Bar keep.
Thanks.

The latest Japanese denim jeans from Nordstroms. Well, I've seen the paint-splattered denim and the ones where it looks like someone accidentally sat on a freshly-painted park bench - and now this.
It certainly looks like someone wiped something on them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/mens-style/have-heard-one-300-faux-mud-splattered-jeans/

PS. Perhaps this belongs in the very entertaining "Just when you think you've seen it all" thread?
Please be my guest to move it if you think so, Bar keep.
Thanks.
LOOOOOOL!!! Hand that dude some baby wipes.

Stand By

One Too Many
You guys won't laugh when the day when you absolutely need your pants covered in mud arrives and it hasn't rained for weeks.

Ha!Ha! That'd take some explaining, wouldn't it?
But at least there'd be no need to debate the issue of whether or not to wash them. What'd be the point in doing that?

Yeah, is this actual mud, though? How the heck are you supposed to keep them... filthy? I mean, the mud would come off even with just wear. Title says faux mud but my mind refuses to accept that.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I shouldn't have washed my pants after rolling around snapping photos in the mud. Who knew a pair of muddy jeans could be worth more than their weight in gold!

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Ive got some obm caked jeans for that rugged oilfield trash look! Obm is oilbased mud.

Stand By

One Too Many
What is it they say about fools and their money??

I assume this product will appeal to the same group who purchased pre-ripped jeans?

Agreed. And the thing is, I'd buy a new pair of jeans because my old ones are ripped. And I'd wash them because I don't want them dirty like this ...

It's a good job I'm older and I never wore these at the house growing up.
Dad: "What the bloody hell have you been doing in the garden?"
Me: "Not gardening. Shopping, Dad. These are my new jeans. I've just bought them and I like them so much, I wore them home. Do you like them?"
Dad: "You what?"
Me: "Yeah, they're new. They supposed to look like this."
Dad: "Jesus Christ. Get those bloody things off. You're not sitting on the couch in those. Get them in the wash."
Me: "But Dad, the mud won't wash out."
Dad: "You've lost your bloody mind, Son. Get them off and put on something that looks clean. Stupid boy."

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, is this actual mud, though? How the heck are you supposed to keep them... filthy? I mean, the mud would come off even with just wear. Title says faux mud but my mind refuses to accept that.

It's probably some kind of paint/stain mix that sticks to the denim to give it the dirty look while holding up to washing and wearing without getting furniture dirty. It's definitely not something I'd want but it would be an interesting thing to try to make for the fun of it. It looks like the areas that are "dirty" are also a different color underneath the dirt.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a good job I'm older and I never wore these at the house growing up.
Dad: "What the bloody hell have you been doing in the garden?"
Me: "Not gardening. Shopping, Dad. These are my new jeans. I've just bought them and I like them so much, I wore them home. Do you like them?"
Dad: "You what?"
Me: "Yeah, they're new. They supposed to look like this."
Dad: "Jesus Christ. Get those bloody things off. You're not sitting on the couch in those. Get them in the wash."
Me: "But Dad, the mud won't wash out."
Dad: "You've lost your bloody mind, Son. Get them off and put on something that looks clean. Stupid boy."

Oh man, I'm laughing so hard right now! That would've been my Dad all over, just swap in an Australian accent.

I had a buddy years ago who had jeans that were all ripped up the legs, even at 19 I thought they just looked . . . dumb, for want of a better word.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
looks like genuine poop in the pants accident, achievement unlocked!

how to replicate these kind of staining for mass production

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
If I were to say... what I said out loud when I first saw this earlier on T.V. Feraud would slap me with the ban hammer so fast and so hard..... When I woke up my jeans WOULD look just like dat, cept it wouldn't be mud....

Worf

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
they they should write up some fakeass slogans like "earth day jeans, bridge social boundary, don't judge book by its cover, embrace your flaws, save water " for marketing campaign, I bet it would sell since it is so easy to create a mindless hype these days.

I remember few years back where people who never ever ride on two wheels suddenly try to ride brakeless bicycles on public road , I wonder where they are all now, hopefully some still alive to tell the story

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

New in Town
I think it's absolutely great. Nordstrom had found another way separate stupid people from their money and leave them smiling. Kind of like the $85 leather covered rocks they sold last year. I'm sure there are a bunch of Norstrom execs getting a great laugh out of this. I can't wait to see what them come up with next.

Stand By

One Too Many
Oh man, I'm laughing so hard right now! That would've been my Dad all over, just swap in an Australian accent.

I had a buddy years ago who had jeans that were all ripped up the legs, even at 19 I thought they just looked . . . dumb, for want of a better word.

Oh, I hear you about dads. My dad would have asked how much they'd cost, of course - and there'd be no way I'd cop to that and tell him the truth of $425 ... there's no sense in getting a slap on the side of the head as well as a tongue-lashing. Anything for the quiet life.

And I once had a girlfriend who got a new pair of jeans and gave me a sexy twirl and asked me if I liked them. I said that I did - but the truth was that they looked ridiculous and like she'd just sat on a park bench that had just been painted white and some prankster has swiped the sign that said "Wet Paint"! She was a rather hot-blooded French-Canadian with the associated fiery temperament, which could be as good as it was bad at times, it depended. I once showed up and there was a dent in the wall. I asked what it was. "You want to watch TV? Now you 'ave to turn dee channel by pushing dee buttons on dee TV. No more remote." I asked why. "You see dat 'ole in dee wall?! Dat was dee remote and I don't want to talk about eet!"
Hence: "The jeans look great on you, Hon' ...".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner