Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Optimo Page....

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Ahh, that's my phantom blue up there! ;)

I'll try to get some pictures of my milan straw tomorrow if the sun will come out.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It is called a

Conformer, and they are wonderful pieces of craftsmanship. Wow is a good word.
They are used to measure your head, then mark (poke holes) in a card. The card is placed in a "formateur", the companion to the conformer. Then the piece gives the exact shape of you head in blocking the hat. I have one...it took two years to fine one that wasn't a broken, worn, missing parts junk. Mine is in excellent, but not mint condition. I guess it is 100 years old.

fa769bc0.jpg

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Wow, that is cool! Does it work well enough that you are able to measure your head and then send the card to a hatter?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
YES!!

It is fully functional and works. I have a card on file at OPTIMO, but we made it using Graham's comformer. He has more than one....uses them on his customers. This is just one sign of a custom hat shop

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Optimo page

Here is an OPTIMO MONTECRISTI SUPER FINO....Plantation style. It does not have a black band. Graham suggested a dark navy which really looks good. This is one of the lightest, tightest, softest, best looking hats I own. I love it to the point of being afraid to wear it !! Yes, it was $$$.
fa5a0292.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Optimo Page

This hat in my collection is an Optimo ALMOND color heavy weight felt, with contrating dark brown trim and edging. I really love this hat, look at the detail stitching on the bound edge. This hat looks great with the fall colors.
fa5a02d1.jpg

fa5a02bf.jpg

The bottom photo of the edge shows the true color to fthe hat.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Optimo Page

Here is a photo of me wearing the Optimo MOUSE GRAY color hat. Sorry, but we are having a terrible clear sunny winter day out here in the East Bay of San Francisco area....oh sorry about all the photos of you guys shoveling snow...
fa5a02b9.jpg

Sergei

Gone Home
MK, you forgot I posted my Mercury Optimo pictures right when the new version of the lounge was started.

I don't think anyone has the Mercury Grey Optimo yet. Not even Andy? :)

MercuryFaceIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceIIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceIIIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceIVbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceVbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceVIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryInside-vi.jpg

Same Specs as the Indy Brown Optimo, special sizing to include the shims:
Hat Specs:
- 5 3/4" crown shell
- 7 1/2 size, increase 1/16" larger to accomodate front/back shims to make Long Oval
- 3 inch front & back
- 2 3/4" sides
- 1 5/8" Black Ribbon
- White Liner
- Black Leather Sweatband ( I should have got brown or burgundy)

-Sergei

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sergei, no I don't have the Mercury Optimo. Kevin sent me samples for the lightweight: Graphite gray, Indy brown (in honour of you COW's), Chestnut, and Mercury Gray. The HEAVYWEIGHT samples were: Charcoal Gray, Cavanaugh Tan, Savoy Black, Loden Green, and Sky Line (has a bit lighter color that dark black). The SATIN colors this year were: Black Diamond, Silver, Camel, and Coffee.

The Mercury had a little brown in it, and I already have a Sage Green. The heavyweights were out..I like the lightweights better. Satins looked sooo nice ...but again they are heavy. The colors this year were spectacular.

My hat is OFF to the folks at OPTIMO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic