Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Panama by Art

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Wow, Absinthe's block is almost a dead ringer for my Stetson cuenca. Seeing how my Stetson has always been a size too big, come Gatsby picnic time, I'll have to do a switcheroo and have Art work up a 7 1/8 copy of it with a ribbon to match my chosen color for this year.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Love those hats!

In the immortal words of Popeye "That's alls I can stands, and I can't stands no more."

It's time to call Art for a new Panama.

millinerymiss

New in Town
panama brim edge finish

Hi all I really love those panama hats. How is the edge of the brim finished. Is it turned over and sewn down I can't tell by the pictures.

Barry

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:
Thank you for posting this Absinthe, and Thanks Gents for the kind words.

Sefton, I was able , with the help of our own Barry, to find a hat shop in Virginia that was going out of the renovation business and had been in business for several generations.

Art,

I am glad everything wound up in the right hands. The fact that I found it was practically luck of the draw. I was in the hat shop and a salesman thought that the felt stiffner I wanted to purchase was upstairs in a storage room. I took the elevator upstairs and asked one of the managers about the stiffner. We started talking about hats and he said "Hey, you know what, come on back and let me show you the shop!" He explained that a hatter worked there until recently but eventually left - she changed careers and wound up running another type of store. It was pretty neat - this hat shop has been in business since the mid 1920's, I think.

Barry

RedPop4

One Too Many
Check out Spiridon IN ACTION!!!
And this hat is fine, really fine.
DSCN1843.sized.jpg

RedPop4

One Too Many
Shuckin' oysters for the fryer and for the grill. Douglas, it's actually fish fry, Zatarains makes many products.

If you're worried about cigar ash in your oysters you need not. <rolls eyes> They were actually very good oysters, the shop just up the street has excellent purveyors, and Mrs RedPop4 et al. do a fantastic job of frying them, the pickles and the catfish.

Funny how over in the Observation Bar everyone laments the lack of civility and the praise of sarcasm in our currnt epoch and media culture. Make the target a smoker, however, and look what we get. I hear a word that starts with "H" ringing through my head.:mad: :eek:fftopic:

spiridon

A-List Customer
Those were some FINE oysters Tommy! Thanks for the compliment on the ribbon R. Henry....I wore that one on the Saturday of our gathering and that was the first comment out of several people's mouth was..."Coooool Ribbon Dude!" :D .
I gave the Panama in the "oyster shuckin" pic above the true test for fit later on in the evening....
After enjoying more adult beverages than usual, I somehow decided to catch up on some lost sleep right where I was sitting.:eek: ...my head was tilted all the way back, oblivious to all of my surroundings.....all this time, much to the amazement of those in attendance, my hat never moved from my head.

spiridon

A-List Customer
RedPop4 said:
I have photographs of THAT as well. ;) lol lol lol :eusa_clap
But they're on my desk top at home.

Do they look something like this??....

Going.......
HarangHerf018.jpg

Going.........
HarangHerf020.jpg

GONE!........
HarangHerf023.jpg

....now THAT's a good fittin' hat!:eek: lol

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
RedPop4 said:
Funny how over in the Observation Bar everyone laments the lack of civility and the praise of sarcasm in our currnt epoch and media culture. Make the target a smoker, however, and look what we get. I hear a word that starts with "H" ringing through my head.:mad: :eek:fftopic:

Sorry; I was shooting for good natured teasing. Clearly I shot wide of the mark. I spent 4 years in New Orleans, and my love for the South and its people is immeasurable.

RC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav