Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Panama by Art

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I needed a warm weather hat so I asked Art to come up with something cool.

After placing my order, Art called me and mentioned that he had just gotten in some really neat vintage blocks, and that he thought one block in particular would look pretty nice. Way cool looking Optimo accents on the crown.

I'm really happy with the results, great job Art!:eusa_clap

VSPanama1.jpg

VSPanama2.jpg

VSPanama3.jpg

I'd be outside wearing it right now, if the oak trees weren't flooding the area with pollen. time for a glass of allegy medicine.;)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Awesome hat. I love Art's work with Panamas. That one is amazing, especially the ribbon. I love how thick and bold that ribbon is.

Last year, Art made one for me and I love it. I wear it all the time in the summer.

Enjoy that wonderful hat!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That really is stupendous. Thanks for showin' us.
And congrats to Art, too.

Was it a Panama Bob body? If so, may I ask what weave?

Thanks!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for posting this Absinthe, and Thanks Gents for the kind words.

Sefton, I was able , with the help of our own Barry, to find a hat shop in Virginia that was going out of the renovation business and had been in business for several generations. The inventory ( only sent pics) was non existent and the price was fair but high so I opted to share the find with others. It all went down a couple of months ago and what I ended up with ( besides a seriously empty checking account) were all the vintage ribbons in the shop AND 77 panama blocks of 10 different styles. I can only speculate that they are from the 40's and 50's as there really isn't a way to date them other than style. The one that I used for Absinthe has been my favorite all time block but till this point I only had one size, mine. Now I have a full set and can offer to make them for almost all sizes. What a coup!!!!

Sharpie, Thank you for the comment but let's not get carried away. Einstein was the genius, Picasso was a genius, I just make hats.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
Ugh!

Now I am even more excited for the Panama I ordered from Panama Bob, to be hand blocked by Art. I guess excited is maybe not the right word. Apopleptic? Only 3 weeks in, but can't wait for my masterpiece. And, from all that I have seen, Art, you are truly an Art-ist!

RC

spiridon

A-List Customer
GREAT looking hat Absinthe!!! :eusa_clap .....and a great job by Art. I received a LOT of compliments at the "expo" of a large race I attended this past weekend....I was wearing the "Optimo" that Art made for me. The only problem is I have to keep re-shaping the brim.......for some reason it gets all out of whack when I wear it to bed!;) :D

spiridon

A-List Customer
Hey Absinthe, I hope you don't mind me borrowing your thread to show off one more of Art's Panama's....I was just admiring yours again, and was inspired to share!:D

Panamas2001.jpg

......and then there's this one that I found for about $20 last year on some auction site.:) .....

Panamas2007.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner