Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Panama from Brent Black

Aerol

A-List Customer
As I understood the original post, Dub spent $1000 at each of the three vendors. Therefore, there should be no difference in price. Difference in quality remains to be seen.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Therefore, there should be no difference in price. Difference in quality remains to be seen.

No worries, here. I know who is weaving the hat and I know exactly what we send out for $1000.00. I also have seen what a few others send out for $1000.00.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
On this note,

I am waiting to see photos of another Brent Black hat: the Chef d’Œuvre of Simon Espinal which he begun weaving in May 2008.
There will be the difference in quality.
The hat will be priceless since the time and the talent invested are unique.
The timing is perfect –Simon, the best weaver alive, in his forties is on the peak of his creative power- the best moment to make this milestone that will mark a cooperation.
Congratulations in advance to all stakeholders of this project!!!!!!!!

As with all Montecristi fine things take their time - I wait patiently.

panamadub

New in Town
Pic upload... please help

Sorry for my silence, I see the thread is picking up... I am sorry for the pic but if anyone would send me his e-mail through PM I can send him the pic and he could upload it ? I don't seem to be able to do it myself !

I just heard that the second hat from Panamahatsdirect is on its way and should reach me sometimes this week... so, we'll be able to compare two...

When I have the two, and I figure out how to make the pics work, I will send you side by side comparison, so that we all know what we get for a 1000 bucks from these various makers...

All this is for the fun of it and better understant the market and note that I certainly dont' intend to become instrumental in any "competition" between makers !

All the best to you all.

panamadub

New in Town
Same price

The whole purpose of this comparison is having three of the most referred to hat makers (some in good, some in bad...) and see what we can get for around 1000 usd.

So, the price is the same... if the quality is the same as well, I guess the difference may be in side aspects (services, speed in delivery, payment methods, friendliness, responsiveness etc...) that I will try to address as well once I have all three hats.

If there is a real difference in quality, then we would have an objective answer to part of the questions that were addressed for some time in various posts regarding price and quality of the hats.

As of now, I have received one hat, another one is on its way and a third one is being made from what I understand from Panamabob. I wait impatiently for all three hats to be here, so that I can share information with all of you.

All the best

Jabos

A-List Customer
Hey Dub, why don't you just post "hi" eight times and then we can get rid of this PM problem! :) :) We all wanna see that pic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto