Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Panama from Brent Black

panamadub

New in Town
Dear all,

I have been browsing this site for a while and got many valuable information.

I have recently conducted and experiment and ordered one panama hat, with the same budget (more or less 1000 USD each) from three different makers : Brent Black, Panama Bob and Casey at Panama Hats direct.

Two are to be offered to my brothers and one I shall keep.

So far, the ordering process has been going smoothly... two are still being processed and made (Panama Bob and Panama Hats direct) while one (Brent Black) is already delivered (please note that while Panama bob and panama hats direct do not charge upon receipt of the order, Brent Black charges immediately you credit card...!).

I had to wait about one month for the BB to arrive.

Here it is:

5115lk1_IMG_0799.jpg

I am very satisfied with both the process and the hat I received.

But I need to compare with what I will receive from the other two makers because I don't have strong elements of comparison.

I will post when I receive the new hats.

Best Regards to all

1OldGI

Familiar Face
Can't see the picture but I'll be watching for your results when the other two arrive. I myself have one on the way from Casey at Panama Hats Direct. Should be here mid month or so.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Panamadub,

I use Photobucket

1. open an account
2. upload pictures from my computer
3. copy the IMG code of the pictures into the post I write here at the Lounge.

Let's see what happens.

I also ordered hats of similar value from Panamabob.

Best:

Tom

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
1OldGI said:
Can't see the picture but I'll be watching for your results when the other two arrive. I myself have one on the way from Casey at Panama Hats Direct. Should be here mid month or so.

That makes two of us..... and I will be interested in the other two hats also...

Aerol

A-List Customer
Panamadub,

I've never had any luck posting photos, but perhaps another FL member would be able to post the photos for you.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Only in FL....

Here is my new Panama hat

X

I mean it is typical for Loungers to wait for an entire week for a single hat photo to show up....
:eusa_doh:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I believe that there is a 15 post threshold that must be crossed before a new member can post a pic.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Well,

While we are waiting for the hat photo I share a link to a panama hat site.
http://www.panamahatline.com/
It is rather an info site since it lacks two basic features of a commercial site:
1. Prices
2. Contact details.
It has nice hat photos in return .

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Carlisle Blues said:
Thanks HungryTom

My only question why do they show an old woman eating an ice creme cone and a table filled with candied apples [huh]

Espumilla.jpg

I want Dub's pictures :cry:

Carlisle,

As I told this is NOT a conventional webshop and they seem to share the philosophy of controversial advertising
PHMdetest30khats.jpg

The mentioned picture demonstrates how panama hats make everyone between 9-99 looking better plus nobody knows how the lady looked when she was the same age as the ladies modeling for the BBB site.

Now that Zohar kindly confirmed that all members are free to post photos I am also awaiting Panamadub's hat pictures - they must be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner