New Panama from Brent Black

Discussion in 'Hats' started by panamadub, Mar 8, 2009.

1. panamadub

panamadub New in Town

just one more...

Ouf !

2. panamadub

panamadub New in Town

Ok. That's it...

I made it.

Should be able to receive PM to let you post the pic for me. Thanks for your help !

3. Woodfluter

Woodfluter Practically Family

Hey there Panamadub, I was going to send you a PM offering to help with posting some pics, but there's no personal information listed when I click on your name. Maybe you could fill that out under "user control panel" (CP) up on the top of the page so we could come to your assistance!

- Bill

4. HungaryTom

HungaryTom One Too Many

16 members and one 'baby'

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24732677-5006023,00.html

Ted Danson, Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg in Three Men third
    OVER 20 years after they struck gold with 3 Men and a Baby, Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg and Ted Danson are set to reunite for a second sequel to the comedy.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
    Sorry, too late.

FL got more creative and did it quicker: Comedy in 3 Acts (on 3 pp.)
    Here goes the cast:
    Panamadub,
    Carlisle Blues
    1OldGI
    HungaryTom
    Ordinary Guy
    Neil
    Panamabob
    Aerol
    Tomasso
    Zohar
    xigxag
    carouselvic
    Jabos
    Pduck
    Lefty
    Woodfluter

the choir of lurkers
    and the 'Hat'
    plus two others to be followed in 16 members and one 'baby' vol II. and III.

5. Carlisle Blues

Carlisle Blues My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

The suspense is too much for one person to take. :beer:

6. xigxag

xigxag New in Town

To break the suspence a little
    [​IMG]

lol lol lol lol

7. xigxag

xigxag New in Town

Maybe the hat has been abducted by this unidentified panama hat saucer
    [​IMG]
    [huh]

8. Lefty

Lefty I'll Lock Up

Now that there are photos...
    [​IMG]

9. carouselvic

carouselvic I'll Lock Up

This is the photo that panamadub sent me. Enjoy!:eusa_clap

[​IMG]

10. Daoud

Daoud One of the Regulars

Photobucket woes?

I occasionally have problems with Photobucket. Usually the file name for a JPEG image ends in -.jpg. However, sometimes when I copy the image's location from Photobucket and then try to insert it in a post, I get this string of extraneous numbers attached, and the image will not load. If this happens, I just delete anything coming after ".jpg" in the item's location and then it will work.....FYI.

11. Carlisle Blues

Very Nice Dub

Think you can place a ruler next to the weave so we can get a weave count?[huh]

12. Al_Ojeda

Al_Ojeda Familiar Face

close up please and a reference i.e. a cuarter or dime etc. :eusa_clap :eek:

13. xigxag

xigxag New in Town

That hat looks very nice. I hope my fino fino from Bob will be as great or even better.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. HungaryTom

HungaryTom One Too Many

Panamadub,

After the countdown and 8 waves of contractions finally the baby photo was born with 1 ounce weight, 54-56 cm circumference and sheer beauty. A very nice C-Crown fedora. Congratulations.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks to carouselvic.

The wait is over.

Tom

15. panamadub

panamadub New in Town

Photo

Thanks to caruselvic for helping out with the photo.

I will take pics when I receive the Casey hats and more pics of the Brent Black's hat.

May need help then with the posting again !

See you in a while.

All the best.

16. panamadub

panamadub New in Town

Casey's hat arrived

Just received Casey's hat this morning. The box is nice and the hat looks quite good. I was just surprised that there was an inner lining in the hat.

I will post pictures tonight and we may start a side by side comparison with BB hat received some time ago.

See you in a while with the posts coming.

17. Goose.

Goose. Practically Family

WHAT A HOOT!!!!

PDub...

Oooohhh!!! I am so looking forward to those pics!!!

And BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! :eusa_clap

I trust that you will take better care of your BBB than I did when I lumped all mine in one box and stored them in the garage. Now I have two of the three that need some serious triage attention.

Guess it wasn't until I found this watering hole did I understand and appreciate how sadly I cared for them.

Again, I must suffer so that others may learn... ;)

[​IMG]

18. HungaryTom

HungaryTom One Too Many

Panamadub,

I never knew Casey has also 1000 USD Montecristi hats to offer - his Special Reserve is namely advertised cheaper (580 USD).

I am interested and thanks in advance for sharing the photos.

Best Regards:

Tom

19. KILO NOVEMBER

KILO NOVEMBER Practically Family

Hats from Casey and Brent

I bought two hats from Casey, here are pictures:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

The hat bodies are very nice. The lining is a nice touch, but I am not satisfied. The one with the black band is illustrated on his web site: http://www.panamahatsdirect.com/panama-hat-Styles.htm#straw-Hat-Styles, the Patron model at the bottom of the page. See any similarities between the crown in my hat and the one on the web page? No? Neither did I. My crown drops distinctively toward the front. The one on Casey's site is nearly level.

When I wrote to ask about the difference, in an absolutely tame tone, I got a very defensive response stating that the hat I got matched the measurement specs given on the site. I then replied that while that assertion may be true, the hat shown on the page certainly didn't match those specs and I urged them to replace the photo on the web site with one that actually matched the appearance of the hat they would ship. I then got a reply to the effect that everyone else who does business with them is happy and what's wrong with me!

Because the hats were relatively inexpensive, I tried again. Hey, maybe Casey was having a bad day! The next had I got is the one with the brown band. Nice hat. But, notice on both of these that the bows are on the right side. Bows go on the left side. I guess Casey doesn't know that.

Well, I won't be ordering my next Panama hat from Panama Hats Direct. I'm going to give Panama Bob a try. He put me on to Art Fawcett, so I'm going to have Art block one of Panama Bob's hats for me.

Oh, and I do have an Optimo from Brent Black. It's a beautiful job. I sent it back to him last year to have it cleaned and re-blocked, and it came back with a much better shape than originally. Brent does good work, but he is expensive.

20. Carlisle Blues

Thanks Kilo November.

I am sorry for your trouble...I am sure this is no consolation I will not be using "Casey" any time soon. shakeshead