Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Pike Bros N-1 Deck Jacket

Edward

Bartender
Butte, if you do go tgrough with stencilling let us know... I still need to get the 'Bickle T' on the back of my tanker, and am similarly afraid of screwing it up. Wish there was sonewhere I could get it done!

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Scott, I'd try a reasonably dry sponge and paint.
I have some off cuts of jungle cloth from shortened sleeves. Shall I drop one in the post to you for practice?

Biggles88a

New in Town
May I ask a question?

Happy new year to all! I know this thread was started because of ButteMT61's PIKE BROS N-1, but I would like to take this opportunity to ask a question about a BUZZ RICKSON N-1, a sizing matter. Would anyone have an experience with those jackets? I am usually a size 44 (size 46 in a GOOD WEAR A-2) but wear a perfect BR L-2A in size 42. Would someone be able to help in how these jackets (BR L-2A and N-1) relate to each other in terms of cut and measurements? This would be swell, and much appreciated. However, if this is considered an inappropriate detour in this particular thread, please disregard. The matter is neither overly important nor extremely urgent.

Thank you for your consideration,
Biggles

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Happy new year to all! I know this thread was started because of ButteMT61's PIKE BROS N-1, but I would like to take this opportunity to ask a question about a BUZZ RICKSON N-1, a sizing matter. Would anyone have an experience with those jackets? I am usually a size 44 (size 46 in a GOOD WEAR A-2) but wear a perfect BR L-2A in size 42. Would someone be able to help in how these jackets (BR L-2A and N-1) relate to each other in terms of cut and measurements? This would be swell, and much appreciated. However, if this is considered an inappropriate detour in this particular thread, please disregard. The matter is neither overly important nor extremely urgent.

Thank you for your consideration,
Biggles

Biggles
I've owned both BR N-1 jackets in the regular and sea water wash versions. The latter is a slightly heavier fabric (a little closer in weight to an original), but with a significantly coarser lining (which resembles the original less closely).
I wear Good Wear Leather A-1 and A-2 jackets in a 46, ELC A-1 in a 44 and ELC B-10 and B-15 in a 46.
My original N-1, which was superb in all respects, was a true 46 and was simply too large.
My BR N-1 jackets have been 44 (in the SWW) and XXL in the regular finish and both fit comfortably as a modern 44. My chest is around 42-43".
A very practical and comfortable jacket - my daily wearer in the current cold, damp weather.

Biggles88a

New in Town
Hello Dr H,
thank you very much for the very descriptive reply. Actually I will now go for the same size as yours, although I may opt for the regular N-1 because I have a lot of respect for the alpaca lining and its wearing comfort (maybe itchy, as in the B-10). But I do have a plan. Again, thanks for the help!

Biggles

4444Design

One of the Regulars
i'm pretty new on the forum - located in Germany respectively in Austria - worked in China for about 7 years and now back for my personal interests

besides being interested i vintage garment i collect WW2 army items

i love th PB N1 - had a chance to check one of them at a motorbike exhib. which was pretty heavy

compared to the original N1 i own a bit on the stiff side

i'm 1,90 mtr / chest is about 44 and is pretty difficult to find originals in my size

as per the stencil as far as i know on the originals the lettering was printed - but not stenciled

for applying letters / stencils i normally use a brush with stiff hair - cut the length down to a minimum and acrylic paint

works pretty well for my

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I happened to be wearing my N-1 today and took a quick picture. At the time, a snow flurry storm was taking place.

1798100_3926801826697_246927056_n.jpg

- Ian

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Did it happen something like this?

[video=youtube;tbd4t-ua-WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbd4t-ua-WQ[/video]

Edward

Bartender
I just had a memory... years ago, I made my own Ramones t shirt by cutting out a card stencil of the logo. I have a memory that I actually prit-sticked it down to the shirt so it wouldn't move - gave me nice sharp lines, actually. Not sure I'd risk that with a nice jacket as opposed to a cheap tshirt, though!

zhz

Practically Family
Where did you get the tank jacket? Is it a repro or original? I am looking for one as well, but the only one I can find is BUZZ. I also found some cheap repro but dont really trust the quality...

zhz

Practically Family
I just had a memory... years ago, I made my own Ramones t shirt by cutting out a card stencil of the logo. I have a memory that I actually prit-sticked it down to the shirt so it wouldn't move - gave me nice sharp lines, actually. Not sure I'd risk that with a nice jacket as opposed to a cheap tshirt, though!

If you succeeded on T shirt, I am sure you can make it on a nice jacket.

wild_balls

Practically Family
Where did you get the tank jacket? Is it a repro or original? I am looking for one as well, but the only one I can find is BUZZ. I also found some cheap repro but dont really trust the quality...

If you mean the jacket I am wearing, it's a N1 repro by Pike brothers, extremely warm! I have the Buzz rickson N1 also, great jacket not so heavy as the pike. Real Mccoys also have a great repro!

Cheers Joakim

zhz

Practically Family
If you mean the jacket I am wearing, it's a N1 repro by Pike brothers, extremely warm! I have the Buzz rickson N1 also, great jacket not so heavy as the pike. Real Mccoys also have a great repro!

Cheers Joakim

Sorry, I was ask Edward about his Tank jacket, I forgot to quote him. But I am also looking for N1 as well, I think I will go for Pike since it is the cheapest one.

Edward

Bartender
Sorry, I was ask Edward about his Tank jacket, I forgot to quote him. But I am also looking for N1 as well, I think I will go for Pike since it is the cheapest one.

My Tanker is a cheap one made by Spearhead Militia, who sell through ebay. Nice repro of the civilian one Bobby deNiro wore as Bickle with the correct scarlet quilted nylon lining. Quality seems nice. They also do a regular WW2 spec model. I'm sure not as accurate as the Buzz, but a very significant price difference! o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara