Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Roadhouse

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations on Retirement!

I've bought a few to celebrate mine. Every time I see the Roadhouse I want one. I go to ebay today and there is one in my size being sold by Stuart. I have thee LWs. I recall you have other LWs.

Wear it in good health. Retirement is a new World. Enjoy!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Congratulations on Retirement!

I've bought a few to celebrate mine. Every time I see the Roadhouse I want one. I go to ebay today and there is one in my size being sold by Stuart. I have thee LWs. I recall you have other LWs.

Wear it in good health. Retirement is a new World. Enjoy!

I have a few more LW's and noticed that 42L on ebay as well. Nice looking jacket too.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Not trying to steal the thread, but just got notice this morning that my Buco Rider has shipped. So 4 weeks to make and ship mine. Of course it'll be another week until it gets here to the boondocks. Pretty good turnaround time on the order though I think. Now if it just fits as good as Wilbur's. Yours was the inspiration for my order 2wheelgrplr.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Yours was the inspiration for my order 2wheelgrplr.

Very humbled to know that! By now I've amassed enough jackets that I don't wear mine as much as I should, but I've worn it quite a bit, put lots of riding miles on it, have even gone down a few times (thankfully not bad ones, mostly dirt road offs and low side slides) - knox armoured shirt underneath, LW thick horsehide outside, came out with hardly a bump or bruise, just some scuff marks on the sleeves. This thing is the bomb!!!

PMThinks

New in Town
The weight of the horsehide on this jacket is 4 oz or 4.5 oz? What was the size zipper you ordered for it? It is a very nice jacket and would complement the Suburban I already have. Did you consider ordering in russet or stay with black because you will ride with it? A lot of questions, but I am relearning the market since the very early 70s when I had a Schott jacket and a BMW R75/5.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
The weight of the horsehide on this jacket is 4 oz or 4.5 oz? What was the size zipper you ordered for it? It is a very nice jacket and would complement the Suburban I already have. Did you consider ordering in russet or stay with black because you will ride with it? A lot of questions, but I am relearning the market since the very early 70s when I had a Schott jacket and a BMW R75/5.

I am not sure about the weight just told Stuart to find the heaviest he had. The crown zip looks like about a #10. It is substantial and it is exactly what I wanted. I have issues with smaller zips as they are the bloody devil to catch for me. As for color this jacket just seemed to scream Black only for me. I did not plan to use it for riding just casual use. I prefer shorter jackets for riding.

PMThinks

New in Town
Appreciate the feedback. I'd be getting the jacket for casual use as well. I haven't decided color yet. The jacket looks good on you; I also like the fit not being too tight. The FL is a valuable source of info. Again, thanks.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Appreciate the feedback. I'd be getting the jacket for casual use as well. I haven't decided color yet. The jacket looks good on you; I also like the fit not being too tight. The FL is a valuable source of info. Again, thanks.
Hey just to let you know it is a trim fit in the body. Talk to Stuart if you need more room he can advise.

PMThinks

New in Town
Good piece of advice; sounds like the fit strategy that is used on the Ryder jacket, too. I have an LW Raider size 44 and an LW Suburban size 44, and the Suburban is definitely more trim. I think I'll ask Stuart about the wisdom of a size 46 for the Roadhouse. Unless the sky falls and someone offers a Roadhouse here or on eBay I'll end up buying new from LW. I have heard of a summer discount. When does that happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner