Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Roadhouse

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I have always liked the Lost Worlds Roadhouse and decided recently that it would be a good retirement gift to Me! It came in last week and aside from the fact that I still need to add more miles to my gut reducing daily walk from 4.5 to 6.5 (like I didn't know that already) it should be perfect by this fall.

FullSizeRender%202_zpsfpquvmyt.jpg

6f595f17-0191-46b5-9cbb-a6f108df5e0c_zpstwvpr2v5.jpg

4c043951-ef14-4976-8e6c-55ff0d320edd_zpsxv9eramu.jpg

IMG_1442_zpskmwjboco.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations on your retirement. I wish you the best in settling in with your new life. With leather jackets and biking you got yourself two nice hobbies going on to fill all that free time!

The jacket fits great as it is, don't worry about your shape! If you actually want to put your new time to use to get fitter though, I'd recommend some moderate and well thought out weight training on top of your daily walking. If not for the training itself, the increased amount of muscle itself will result in more energy consumption and help you reach your desired shape much faster!

Peacoat

Bartender
A very nice jacket, Wilbur. What about break in? Is the HH that Stuart uses as tough to break in as everyone says?

Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur, that is a fantastic looking jacket. You have always done well with Lost Worlds products. Congratulations on this latest acquisition. Well done!!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
A very nice jacket, Wilbur. What about break in? Is the HH that Stuart uses as tough to break in as everyone says?

Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss.

LW has a bit of improvement on the horsehide over the last few years in my opinion. However I specifically asked for heavy duty so I fully expect a longer break in time than other manufacturers. That's half the fun in a jacket like this!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Congratulations on your retirement. I wish you the best in settling in with your new life. With leather jackets and biking you got yourself two nice hobbies going on to fill all that free time!

The jacket fits great as it is, don't worry about your shape! If you actually want to put your new time to use to get fitter though, I'd recommend some moderate and well thought out weight training on top of your daily walking. If not for the training itself, the increased amount of muscle itself will result in more energy consumption and help you reach your desired shape much faster!

Yep cardio first then weight work/ cardio etc. etc. Unfortunately I ran all the cartilage out of my knees when I was a runner but walking has worked ok so far. Now that I don't have to deal with "printing" issues any longer fitness is a daily enjoyment.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur always shows great looking LW jackets. Also, I grew up where where he resides, and went to school grades 7-12 at the foot of Signal Mountain, Tennessee.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred