Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Stetson Open Road

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Moving and finishing Collage and working the territory. Just when I thought I had a handle on it they Added Mississippi to the States I cover. It is great though I drive about 1,000 miles a week and have seen a lot a areas that I would not have seen without this job. I guess I need to come by more often.

Jeff
Please do!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moving and finishing Collage and working the territory. Just when I thought I had a handle on it they Added Mississippi to the States I cover. It is great though I drive about 1,000 miles a week and have seen a lot a areas that I would not have seen without this job. I guess I need to come by more often.

Jeff
that's fantastic !!

your expertise is missed around here

jkingrph

Practically Family
The Open Road is a classic style and we make it in many materials. In Straw or summer weight we make it in a 6x Shantung that has been in the line for years. This thread is talking about is the 10X shantung. It is made of a higher grade and is similar to our straw westerns in quality and weight. We also make it in two natural materials. A twisted Panama and a Natural Hemp Milan weave. I personally wear the Hemp hat quit a bit with the brim snapped down in front. As far as felt goes we make the standard western weight Open Road and a Royal Open Road done in a dress weight. So as you see we make a lot of Open Roads. The closest to the old tyme I would buy the Premiere Statoliner open crown and crease it the way I want. The Open Road and Statoliner are kissing cousins.

Jeff
Can you provide a link to your co. I tried RHE-co and could not find anything.?

jkingrph

Practically Family
I got one of the 10x shantung Open Road's in today and wore it to town. It's still quite warm(hot) here in E Texas

The hat is a bit softer than the 6x Shantung and snaps down in front quite easily as I like.

Jeff, I looked at the Hat co site and did not see any Open Road styles in hemp or twisted Panama.

Monavillecowboy

One of the Regulars
Maybe this is heresy. Maybe it's just an ignorant newbie question. But does the front brim snap down like some of the toquilla straw hats and felt fedoras, or no?

I like the looks of the hat. Quite handsome. But I'm thinking I'd rather wait for the natural to come out.. instead of the Toast straw.
Got some in a few days ago.

Monavillecowboy

One of the Regulars
I got one of the 10x shantung Open Road's in today and wore it to town. It's still quite warm(hot) here in E Texas

The hat is a bit softer than the 6x Shantung and snaps down in front quite easily as I like.

Jeff, I looked at the Hat co site and did not see any Open Road styles in hemp or twisted Panama.
They show very few of their styles on the website and the only OR's are the 6X straw and 6X silverbelly fur.

MoCanDo

New in Town
I ordered some on 11/21 but don't know when they will arrive.
They have to be made and production shuts down 12/23 thru 1/8.
If they don't arrive before the shut down it won't be until sometime after production resumes.
Thank you for the info. Do you have a shop?

Recent manufacture but use Stetson Royal DeLuxe Open Road in sage green. The complaint in the past has been the newer ORs have crowns that are too low, and I have to agree. I really wish it had an extra 1/2 inches or more. The felt is substantial, but it’s also soft and almost limp. I’ll also say that the fit is generous so it runs a bit larger than the tagged size.

E6AB6E8A-F034-419F-870E-48CE22AB47E6.jpeg
3CC93C76-5B47-40FB-952A-E7AAC716E490.jpeg
BF5BFB24-2064-478A-9704-6A4EF0D3559D.jpeg
63775E03-4D22-49B8-9473-3AC2E87E3073.jpeg
4D499157-1BB4-4F66-B6A1-64FBD8A85C11.jpeg
035BCF64-28F3-4863-AD67-F24F7627AAA3.jpeg

I’ll be working on the shape and see if I can make it more to my liking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy