Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to Boston...

patterson

One of the Regulars
Well, life as a "mercenary" means engagements all over the place. I've been spending most of the last couple of years bouncing between Chicago, Atlanta, LA, and New York. Tonight I'm in Boston - and I've never been here for more than a night here and there...

Looks like I'll be living out of the Omni for the next 2 months - very possibly 2 years? Anyone around here familiar with the landscape? What places should I check out? I had a decent dinner at the Beantown Pub, but I did feel a tad old for the college kids that were there tonight.

Anyway - I'd appreciate any suggestions. :)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Are you kidding me? You should have told me you were here!

Get thee to the Oak Bar in the Fairmont Copley Hotel. Get thee to Bobby's from Boston vintage shop on Thayer Street off of Harrison Ave. Tell Bobby that Tim sent you over.

Do not miss Cafe Vittorio in the North End, it is a short walk from where you are. The Last Hurrah downstairs is nice.

I'll think of more later. I need to get over there and meet you, maybe sometime next week.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dalexs said:
At the very least, some of us Bostonians should haul his sorry arse to some local pub and buy him a drink.

After that, who knows.

Dalexs
Absolutely! A splendid idea.

MK said:
Maybe you might want to suggest that article about Boston by some renowned writer that was in a distinguished publication recently. ;)
Oh Boy, how dense am I? Don't answer that! ;)

Yes, get thee the Spring Issue of Classic Style and my article on the Hot Spots of Boston. It has everything the discerning gentleman needs to know about this wonderful town.

Oh, and while you're at it, the current issue of Classic Style has my article on the trench coat in it. I think you would enjoy it also. You can wear a trench while bouncing from bar to bar. :)

Thank you, MK!

Dalexs

Practically Family
Oh yeah...

And watch out. There's a bunch of wacko, fanatic baseball fans in town this week,
...something about their team being in the world series again...

(And HJ is not really from Boston, he lives in Brookline and those are the only 4 places he knows about! ;) )

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Neecerie said:
May I humbly suggest he wear a suit -and- a trench coat in addition.....
Good thought, we don't want him picked up by Boston's finest!

Dalexs said:
Oh yeah...

And watch out. There's a bunch of wacko, fanatic baseball fans in town this week,
...something about their team being in the world series again...

(And HJ is not really from Boston, he lives in Brookline and those are the only 4 places he knows about! ;) )
That's Allston, Rock City Baby! On the Brookline side. ;)

Where is Fenway Park??? Go Sox!!!

North Shore Boy.

patterson

One of the Regulars
Very good, my friends! I was well interrogated by the Kelly Clarkson fans tonight. Not exactly my crowd, though it was partially my fault for being quite as casual as MK knows I can be... I don't know how I ever dated girls in their 20's - guess I was in my 20's as well? I was quite the hit at the Beantown Pub, as I think the young ladies could smell the fact that I was the only male in the place who had a positive net worth... The bartender was very helpful aiding in my escape...:eek:

We'll have to arrange a night for a few cold ones... Someplace for grown-ups please. Seriously, it would be welcomed... The life of a "soldier of fortune" may sound glamorous, but playing the "pale rider" doesn't generate much of a social life...;) Besides, those green eyes of Cheryl's have been haunting me...:eek: ;)

patterson

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic: Hey Michael - remember you asked why there was nothing from Raiders in the LucasFilms archives? I have the answer, and it is a gem... It is why Deb never worked for anyone but her husband after Raiders... I talked to Spielberg directly on it, and he was very candid... He is not afraid to use expletives...

carter

I'll Lock Up
Patterson,
You are in sports-fan heaven (at least the MA version). The Red Sox, the Patriots, and Boston College! Bone up on those stats my friend if you're hanging out with the sports crowd in the evenings.
Have you located a great Irish Pub? In Beantown? Naw, couldn't happen. :) :cheers1: Hoist one for me!
You should invite the NY Loungers to come watch a World Series game with you.
:D :eek: :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
You should invite the NY Loungers to come watch a World Series game with you.[/FONT][/I] :D :eek: :D

Ya never know... Guilliani stated his support for the Sox yesterday. "I'm an American League fan," he said, or maybe he's just trying to win votes from Red Sox Nation :)

Anyway.... Patterson, welcome to Boston! There are a bunch of us in the area and occasionally we don't mind having fun. Let me know if you want to grab drinks some day after work - my office is an easy walk to the area you're staying in.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
patterson said:
Sounds good - I'm at Liberty Mutual's offices on Berkeley. Looks like quite a few places to socialize between here and the Omni.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? I work on Berkeley, 2 blocks up. Also, a certain other lounger I know also works in the Liberty Mutual building :)

patterson

One of the Regulars
LOL! Really? Cool! Man… What’s with me and “one word responses” today… Need more diet coke…

Just shoot me a PM when you think you may need that drink. Name the place and time – first round is on me (ok - my expense account)…:)

Same goes for Steve and Tim!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails