Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to Here

psugrad98

One of the Regulars
Am new to here. Have recently got into the whole hat thing, much to my wife's dismay.

My avatar is my only fedora. I do have an outback style hat for working outside and of course since summer is approaching I have a Panama.

myfedora.jpg

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Glad to have you!

psugrad98 said:
Am new to here. Have recently got into the whole hat thing

Dear PSU,
Welcome! You'll find much of interest here, and a very friendly and knowledgable crowd (these two attributes don't always go hand-in-hand...)

Sounds like you're off to a good start! Looking forward to seeing you around the place,

"Skeet"

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
psugrad98 said:
Am new to here. Have recently got into the whole hat thing, much to my wife's dismay.

My avatar is my only fedora. I do have an outback style hat for working outside and of course since summer is approaching I have a Panama.

myfedora.jpg

psugrad98, Not any more your not! You're one of us, friend! And you've got the picture to prove it! :eusa_clap

-Welcome, Dixon Cannon

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Looking good! Hopefully your wife will come around and you can share in the delight. Welcome aboard! ;)

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Welcome to TFL,psugrad98! I`m also a newbie when it comes to "real" hats but have learned TONS thanks to the members on Fedora Lounge. Very nice looking fedora you are sporting there.Seems there`s a bit of a "learning curve" for your friends,family and coworkers to get used to your new style or "look".Soon when you don`t wear/forget to wear a hat people will be asking you "where`s your hat?","why are`nt you wearing [a] your hat??". Kind of cool actually. :)

HMH

BobC

Welcome to the lounge, psugrad. You'll like it here.

My wife used to be dismayed too, but she's gotten used to it by now. Now if I say anything about what she wants to buy she just asks me how many hats I have and how many cigars I buy. :D I get this a lot....:rolleyes:

KY_RudeBoy

Familiar Face
My wife compared my hats to her purses. Each one is slightly different and when you see one you like, you gotta have it.
I'll buy that. :D

psugrad98

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
Welcome to the lounge, psugrad. You'll like it here.

My wife used to be dismayed too, but she's gotten used to it by now. Now if I say anything about what she wants to buy she just asks me how many hats I have and how many cigars I buy. :D I get this a lot....:rolleyes:

I should be easy to shop for. A nice hat, a fine cigar, and a bottle of scotch. Still, I mange to get gift certificates to wal mart.

danofarlington

Chinaski said:
I'm sure there are more hats in your future!

Tell me about it.

That's a good hat, PSUgrad. Good colors, good with the shirt. Since starting to wear hats out there, I'm somewhat careful about what to match up with hats, because at least to me they are fairly specific, and getting it wrong with a hat looks dufy to me. Nowadays instead of thinking which hat will go with certain clothes, I start with the hat and start getting clothes for it, if I don't have them. Anyway I think it's better if they kind of fit together, than if you just put anything together with anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner