Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to me- 40's Hercules horsehide surcoat

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Funnily enough, when I was driving into work today, I drew up next to a biker who was wearing a brown Aero 50s half-belt, which is effectively a shorter version of yours. Looked very cool, though his sleeves were for me a touch on the short side for biking.

Hey there Seb, it's not heavy like that Aero we had :)
Maybe 2 1/2lbs.....more like A2 weight (I guess). It came a bit stiff, but a weekend of Dr. Jacksons, Pecards, & Lexol treatments took care of that.

Last edited:
Sure is Worf...I like it because it's not so heavy, but I get the length...here in milder climates I really am starting to understand the lure of mid-weight horsehide...not too heavy but very durable.
Cheers!

D

Deleted member 16736

I'll echo what everybody else says: great jacket and it looks like it was made for you. Honestly, I'd end my search with this jacket.

Thanks everyone! the vintage search is over- indeed.
Now, onto the new ones....;-)
An Aerial Star in a couple weeks, and a Goodwear in the spring :)
Thanks again Loungers!!!!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Handymike, sorry I'm late to the party here. This is a really nice vtg piece ya picked up. IMO it fits nearly spot on. Sure, a wee bit of sleeve length would be nice. But I'd MUCH prefer the length you got than too long. I know it works for MC jackets, but as was pointed out by another this ain't an MC jacket. And even if it was, unless you're riding I just think it looks funny (but that's just my 2 pesos). Anyway, I'd say you got a keeper here. And a perfect filler piece till JC comes looking for the rest of the balance on your GW :D ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou