Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New UK repro shoe line

Snookie

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Yep! I got the first white pair, and they are just stunning. Very comfy too. Just before Christmas, she had two heel heinghts - 2 1/2 in, slightly thicker and 3 or so slightly thinner heels. In black, white and green.

Fleur, can you tell me how much of your toes show? I want to wear them for dancing, and I have to be careful about exposing too much toe...my husband wears strong leather shoes that do much damage if I'm not protected (so much for dancing teaching grace and poise, huh?)

To compare, the Aris Allen Rugcutters has the perfect sized toehole for me, but my Remix Picassos are too big, nearly my whole big toe shows. See the pic ----> http://remixvintageshoes.com/brown107.html

Thanks, sorry to be so picky, but it only takes one well placed kick and I'm suddenly lacking a toenail for the whole summer!

lyburnum

Practically Family
What I want to know is how close to your actual size they fit. They say on the website that the sizes are generous, but also that they don't accept responsibility if you order the wrong size. So I'm hesitant about ordering a pair, because I don't want to get it wrong.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Snookie said:
Fleur, can you tell me how much of your toes show? I want to wear them for dancing, and I have to be careful about exposing too much toe...my husband wears strong leather shoes that do much damage if I'm not protected (so much for dancing teaching grace and poise, huh?)

To compare, the Aris Allen Rugcutters has the perfect sized toehole for me, but my Remix Picassos are too big, nearly my whole big toe shows. See the pic ----> http://remixvintageshoes.com/brown107.html

Thanks, sorry to be so picky, but it only takes one well placed kick and I'm suddenly lacking a toenail for the whole summer!

scary! i just bought a pair of picasso's. so far they've been ok, but i've only danced one night in them so far. tonight will be the second time, so i'll watch my feet!

Snookie

Practically Family
I've got weak nails, and they split easily, I think that's why I have to be extra careful. It seems like most girls can wear much more exposing styles.

Have fun tonight!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Hmm, I can't remember offhand since I haven't worn them since Christmas, I will put them on tonight and see. I think it is a pretty small hole, but I'll check!

Lyburnum, it depends which shoes you're looking at. After a conversation with Kaye, the owner, the higher heeled versions which she hasn't listed on the site are apparently more generously sized. However, my white pair in the 2.5" heel are very tight and only *just* fit. They fit better after a few wears. I am a size 8 - their biggest size, so I wouldn't have been able to order up anyway, so I just went for it. I'd suggest going to one of the shows she exhibits at (she does the Vintage n Retro market at South London Pacific for example) and try on.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
lyburnum said:
What I want to know is how close to your actual size they fit. They say on the website that the sizes are generous, but also that they don't accept responsibility if you order the wrong size. So I'm hesitant about ordering a pair, because I don't want to get it wrong.

So sorry to bring this thread back up! Just wondered if anyone else has bought the "Betty" wedgies?? I bought mine a month back when they went on sale, UK4, following the measurements. They fitted fine at first, but then I went to wear them yesterday and they're a bit sloppy and they had to be worn on the smallest buckle hole. My feet had swollen when I had a cold which is why they fitted at first!
I know their other shoes need to be bought a size smaller but the measurements were right for the size!! Anyone else had this? :(

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
Nope, mine are very tight and need to be worn a bit more to stretch them out!

Though Aurora, you never elaborated on your gran who makes hand-knitted sweaters....please share! :D

hahaha, I totally forgot about that... Yep, my gran knits vintage-style items (sweaters, socks, anything!). She's knitted a few sweaters for a reenactor who sent a copy of the pattern and the wool, they ended up being £15 each! But from one of our patterns (1000's of patterns spread over our 3 generations!) and her own wool works out usually about £30-£50.
She's a very fast knitter too, she managed to make 6 children's sweaters in to weeks - She claims she was taking her time!!! :eek: I'm going to put a picture up of one of her creations in the "show us what you made" section when I get round to taking a pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff