Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Vanson Oxford

You have these images at your fingertips for all occasions?!?!?
Too bad you couldn't score this leather for the Oxford, but it will be really good in black too. There is a helluva good looking Schott in a similar style too, in black HH. 689H. Just came across it, and it is very nice!
edit....more moola though $825
LOL. Man I have a meme for every occasion. Especially around here. Yeah I’ll put the blindfold on and hope for the best with the comp weight. Worst case I beat the snot out of it and force it to look good (ish).

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
LOL. Man I have a meme for every occasion. Especially around here. Yeah I’ll put the blindfold on and hope for the best with the comp weight. Worst case I beat the snot out of it and force it to look good (ish).
Have faith !!

Edward

Bartender
I’m really not a fine of the center vertical seam, but I believe it helps with creating a more tapered jacket.

That would make sense. Aero mention this on their website wrt the Board Racer model - they will make it without the centre seam on request, but point out that this will affect the fit. My understanding is that the way the two panels are cut can better allow for the fit against the curve of the back than a single piece. From that perspective, it is perhaps interesting that I see the centre seam much more on high-end motorcycle jackets as opposed to high end "fashion" pieces (for want of a better way of putting it - leather jackets worn for style rather than as motorcycle wear).

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I believe the Enfield fits a little boxier than the Oxford. I’m really not a fine of the center vertical seam, but I believe it helps with creating a more tapered jacket. I would rather have a better fitting jacket with a center seam than an ill-fitting jacket without one. I usually have to wear half-belt jackets with pleats sewn in to get the waist slimmer. The action-back and underarm gussets also really help with the mobility and comfort of this jacket.

There is no back “pucker” that I’ve seen on many fit pictures on TFL. Looks great fits great

jglf

A-List Customer
1BD3651A-7EF0-4A40-A134-F9191FD2F327.jpeg
Got my new Size 38 Vanson Oxford in blue Bainbridge from Thurston. Leather is stiff but very comfortable. Will post more pics once broken in.

jglf

A-List Customer
More pics..
Everyone needs at least 1 Oxford jacket to experience how comfortable and how much range of motion can be had with a leather jacket. I feel this style hits the sweet spot between both style and mobility. By far the most comfortable jacket I’ve had across multiple brands.
2BB3D7B8-DAE3-42A7-AF1E-1F6D23F3433E.jpeg
41F9EE53-DD4B-478E-8C5F-7E34AEC59384.jpeg
70DA5096-2E66-4004-A971-B1AD2AD7617F.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko