Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Years Eve

m0nk

One Too Many
We don't typically celebrate New Year's Eve the way most do; my wife is Asian and we tend to celebrate Chinese New Year's more... especially since it's a longer party (typically a week).

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Last year our local PBS station had a huge event. We didn't go. We were thinking about going this year, but apparently they aren't offering it. We'll sit at home and if we make it to midnight, watch the ball drop.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I will drink many rounds of "cola del mono" ("monkey's tail"), South America's answer to egg nog: aguardiente, coffee, milk, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. I will get very drunk, and cuss in French and Spanish as well as in English.

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Marc, that sounds delicious!

We typically stay at home, grill steaks, drink champagne & then fall asleep.

This year we've decided to branch out. We're going downtown to a big band/swing concert by the symphony, then a late night dinner at a steakhouse.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Marc, that sounds delicious!

We typically stay at home, grill steaks, drink champagne & then fall asleep.

This year we've decided to branch out. We're going downtown to a big band/swing concert by the symphony, then a late night dinner at a steakhouse.

That sounds like a lot of fun!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
There was talk about going to Ottawa for the big fireworks display on Parliament Hill, but we will probably end up pinching more pennies by staying in town this New Years. If we do, we'll probably end up at Red Lobster. :)

My mum and dad will be upholding their New Years tradition of baking a tonne of hors d'ourves and playing trivial pursuit all night, which is always fun!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Ooo, that does sound like fun C-Dot.
Okay, tell your parents my wife and I are coming up there.
I'll have time to try and memorize as many TP cards as I can on the way. :D
For us, we'll probably watch movies and have a nice quiet evening at home.
Maybe I'll spend a bit extra for a nicer level of wine than I usually drink, to celebrate.

Steve

Practically Family
Last year, I was sleeping on a rooftop in India, while celebratory rifle shots were fired into the air in the town below. I spent the rest of the week passing out Christmas presents to children in impoverished regions of the country. This year, I plan to spend it in much the same way. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner