Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer seeking advice on what to look for.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I received this Brooks cafe today.
It's a very nice jacket, and even though it turned out to be a woman's jacket it seems to wear okay on me as far as I know.
I'm sure there are multiple things about fit that I'm unaware of and am missing.

I have listed it in the classifieds here, and hopefully it soon finds it's way to a more appropriate wearer.

If it wasn't for this forum I would never know and would probably be wearing this jacket blissfully unaware, but I also wouldn't have heard of Brooks either ( been watching Terry Mitchell's YouTube channel the past year ).

Your boobs are too small for this jacket, you don't fill the darts in...

TLW '90

Practically Family
It's a Fidelity. Great jacket for the price. I'd buy.
It's a Fidelity. Great jacket for the price. I'd buy.
Thank you for the identification info.
Fidity is one of the suggested brands I looked into, so that's why I recognized the label font.
With just the little bit I've been learning here the past few days I could tell this was a good jacket, and I had a feeling about it that I didn't about my last 3 dud impulse purchases.

This time I saw something, I asked about it, and gave it some decent thought before buying it.

I did not jump the gun thinking it might be snatched up right away.

I couldn't really tell for sure by the pictures, but I hope the entire lining is the same green found in the sleeves.
It looks kinda greenish in the pictures but that could be the lighting.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Your boobs are too small for this jacket, you don't fill the darts in...
What are you calling me flat chested ?
How dare you insinuate such a thing :D

Okay it's true, so should I just stuff some tissue in there like my sister used to do in middle school ?:D

You guys are definitely helping this important lesson stick on my mind for sure.

It reminds me of the time my brother accidentally wore a pair of my sister's jeans to school.

Or the time he thought a pair of my oldest brothers boxers was a pair of athletic shorts and wore them to school one day he was out of clean laundry.

We never let him forget those 2 days and he definitely learned something.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Oh, TFL isn't stranger to that. XD
These were bell bottoms, and it was '03.

Shortly after he kept complaining of a stomach ache and staying home.
Naturally I thought he just didn't want to get picked on at his school or something because of the pants incident.
It turns out he had an appendicitis attack.

That has taught me to give people the benefit of the doubt.
I've seen a lot of people get branded as a troll and chased off forums, but you never know what's going on with them or how pleasant of a member they can become if you give them a chance to learn the lay of the land.

I have found that the small closer knitt forums like this one for example can be more forgiving without having those wolf packs who think they're top dog and get to savagely chase away anyone they don't like and label as a troll.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I quite like the look of these armpit vents too, really I like the brass hardware in general.
I love brass though.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Hope I did not steer you wrong. Lot of great jackets out there in all sizes and prices. You may end up needing an additional closet!
You showed some cool stuff and seeing footage vs just a picture really gives a good idea of how certain features wear.

I actually had been wanting another wool jacket for a long time, I saw a couple featured in a video of yours one day so I went looking at just the right time and found a vintage woolrich that I really love and wore quite a lot last winter.

I actually wore it this morning when I took the dog for a walk.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
You showed some cool stuff and seeing footage vs just a picture really gives a good idea of how certain features wear.

I actually had been wanting another wool jacket for a long time, I saw a couple featured in a video of yours one day so I went looking at just the right time and found a vintage woolrich that I really love and wore quite a lot last winter.

I actually wore it this morning when I took the dog for a walk.

You know I love the Wool too! Stick around here and you will have a closet full of outerwear.

TLW '90

Practically Family
The fidelity just arrived, and I really like it.
Buttoning the collar is a bit much, but it's not hard to zip up or uncomfortable overall.
Maybe it's a tad smaller than it ought to be, but it doesn't really feel that way.

I like putting zipper pulls on my jackets, in this case I added a vintage Easco 1/4" socket I had laying around.
In not gonna going to build a set off of 1 socket and a ratchet, so I figured this was a better use of it.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The fidelity just arrived, and I really like it.
Buttoning the collar is a bit much, but it's not hard to zip up or uncomfortable overall.
Maybe it's a tad smaller than it ought to be, but it doesn't really feel that way.

I like putting zipper pulls on my jackets, in this case I added a vintage Easco 1/4" socket I had laying around.
In not gonna going to build a set off of 1 socket and a ratchet, so I figured this was a better use of it.
Good call to get this one, it looks awesome. Congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner