Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Newsboy" cap recommendations.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Has anyone tried Kevin and Howlin? I contacted them once, and they were polite. I ended up not getting one at the time, but I think I'll look back into it by next winter. Anyone else have some experience with them?

One problem I have with caps/hats is I am right between a size 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 (head circumference is 22 7/8").
Invariably a 7 1/4 is too tight, and a 7 3/8 makes me look like a kid wearing his dad's hat.
It looks like the HatPeople caps can be adjusted a bit with the internal elastic band.
Any idea of some of these other manufacturers caps are adjustable, or if they offer made to order cap sizing?

Viper Man

Banned
Lofgren Japan

I have been buying John Lofgren's caps lately. In fact I now own 3 and they are all great. These are high quality caps with reeded leather sweatbands and they are adjustable if you are in between sizes. He sells lined and unlined caps and the unlined ones are great for warm weather. They are $80 but shipping from Japan to the US is free. Check 'em out...

Speedway Shop Caps

Viper Man

Banned
He has offered a variety of fabrics in the past few months including a run of wool and corduroys. I have communicated with the owner, John, via email and he has always been very responsive and friendly. I suggest contacting him if you have specific questions. I own the dark grey cotton (lined), a salt & pepper chambray (unlined), and I just picked up a gray pinstriped one (unlined). The Salt & Pepper is by far my favorite. It has great drape, matches most of my wardrobe quite nicely, and is thin enough to wear in warmer weather.

If you'd like, I can try to snap a few photos tonight, NB.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Viper Man said:
He has offered a variety of fabrics in the past few months including a run of wool and corduroys. I have communicated with the owner, John, via email and he has always been very responsive and friendly. I suggest contacting him if you have specific questions. I own the dark grey cotton (lined), a salt & pepper chambray (unlined), and I just picked up a gray pinstriped one (unlined). The Salt & Pepper is by far my favorite. It has great drape, matches most of my wardrobe quite nicely, and is thin enough to wear in warmer weather.

If you'd like, I can try to snap a few photos tonight, NB.

That would be great. I'm hoping to pick up a light weight cap with a leather sweatband this summer. I was thinking linen, but I suppose chambray wouldn't be so bad.

Viper Man

Banned
I'll see what I can do. I have a Borsolino Linen cap, too, but I usually wear that one on those very hot days when I simply cannot tolerate wearing any other hats. :D

Viper Man

Banned
Lofgren Caps

Here are some shots of the s&p chambray...

386976651.jpg

386976650.jpg

386976646.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ