Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Packer 10 1/2 - 11 D Brown Waxed Flesh

monkeyfist

New in Town

Nicks Handmade Boots Packer 10 1/2 - 11 D Brown Waxed Flesh​

Size: Men's US 10.5 / EU 43-44

Color: Horween brown waxed flesh

Condition: Gently Used

$OLD. Thank you!

Gently used with minimal signs of wear. Worn less than half a dozen times and no hard use. New boots were $585. 8”, Last 5332, antique hooks and eyes, pull loop, toe bug, unstructured toe, V bar 700 vibram, brown edge, cuban heel. Custom handmade and custom sizing. To me this feels like the standard 55 last which is popular for good arch support for most types of feet, except it just has a slightly more narrow toe box leaning towards a cowboy boot. But the brown waxed flesh is very pliable and although I have wider toes, I find it extremely comfortable. Right is minimally larger than left as suggested by Nicks according to my foot measurements sent in when originally made. Unfortunately, these are just barely small for me but especially if I want to wear with warmer winter socks. But I like these so much I have actually ordered 2 other Nicks Packers 1/2 size larger and I am selling these. These boots are great and they are very well made. MADE in USA.

Also, I want to add that I always very very gently sand waxed flesh boots just enough to slightly reduce that waxy shine of new boots. To me, the best part of this type of leather is as the wax starts to break up and patina. Probably some Obenaufs will bring back most of the brand new shine if thats your thing, but then waxed flesh may not be right for you. I think its killer for cowboy boots imho.

Note: I also have a pair of Nicks Custom Roberts in Black CXL purchased at the same time and listing for sale for same reason.

Buyer pays shipping / Buyer does not accept returns / US address only

1669517939945.jpeg

1669517970999.jpeg

1669517994880.jpeg

1669518130296.jpeg

1669518141272.jpeg

1669518156789.jpeg

Attachments

• 1669518141369.jpeg
    1669518141369.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

monkeyfist

New in Town
These fit 11d brannock?
Yes sir, I'm no boot cobbler but they should be exactly right for 11D brannock if you research Nick's suggested fit for boots. I am 11 1/2D brannock and these fit but just tight for my preference and especially if I wear thick boot socks and I wanna go up 1/2 to be safe before putting any break in use on these. In addition, the waxed flesh is reversed CXL is good thick leather but has more flex than veg tan and comfortable with some forgiveness and flex.

GW KY

Practically Family
Yes sir, I'm no boot cobbler but they should be exactly right for 11D brannock if you research Nick's suggested fit for boots. I am 11 1/2D brannock and these fit but just tight for my preference and especially if I wear thick boot socks and I wanna go up 1/2 to be safe before putting any break in use on these. In addition, the waxed flesh is reversed CXL is good thick leather but has more flex than veg tan and comfortable with some forgiveness and flex.
Were they sold as 10.5d?

monkeyfist

New in Town
Left 10.5D built up a little, Right 11D scaled down a little. These were custom built to be as close to my feet as possible according to Nicks. I know they used the standard 55 last. I can't see any difference just by looking and if I measure with the heels against the wall, I measure about 1/16 of inch difference. These aren't broken in at all so I'm pretty sure your foot is going to mold into midsole and makeup any difference. I would think they will work as long as you are 11D brannock. I don't claim to be any expert but pretty certain about that. You could check with Shuyler with Nicks, I think he is on this forum. I hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB