Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

Technically, it's closer to "for that fixed amount per year, they own you and everything you see, think and create".

Which is why I'm strictly freelance--I cannot risk any control over some things in my "Advanced Development Projects" files being transferred to anyone else except under the most extreme conditions (read: "all Hell breaking loose and the only way to stop it is to build and deploy the Doomsday Plane"...)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Harp said:
*Hoot*

Late night thesis research; listening to Sarah Brightman's Il Mio Cuore Va; drinking coffee and sipping bourbon. :coffee:

*Hoot*

Back in the saddle, and, as Nostradamus would quip, "drinking the smoke of the lamp," or burning the midnite oil.
Some thesis work on Labor Day eve.

Anybody else lighting a lamp around here tonite? :coffee:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
*hoot*

I'm up, but I'm just gearing up for another set of night watches.

I wasn't working last night HepKitty, just doing the same as I am tonight.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
*Hoot*

Lamp lit and coffee brewing. Cinderella session with Dionysian tradition. :coffee:

Anybody else here burning the midnite oil?

HepKitty

One Too Many
*hoot*

ok so it's not even 2200 yet but I'm wiped out from 29 hours on the road in 3 days... did everyone have a good weekend?

Not really--a lot of extra midnight oil burned on yet another wasted effort to educate the ineducable about WWII aircraft-carrier operations... not to mention putting together a group-buy on Little Red BullXXXX Buttons so the crowd around the greasy-spoon will quit trying to steal mine.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Not really--a lot of extra midnight oil burned on yet another wasted effort to educate the ineducable about WWII aircraft-carrier operations... not to mention putting together a group-buy on Little Red BullXXXX Buttons so the crowd around the greasy-spoon will quit trying to steal mine.

*sigh* some people never learn, do they? sorry about that

Shoulda skipped offering to give a complimentary webinar over Labor Day Weekend and spent it on racking up achievements in StarCraft instead... if the dumbarses want to waste my valuable time they can pay for it like they do every other day.

"There is none so blind as him who will not see.":rolleyes:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I spent the weekend trying to get a Canteen dance set up with a the Thunder Mountain Big Band, they're amazingly good and they want to do a gig, I'm just am not sure how I'm going to pay them.

*hoot*

Maybe sell tickets or take up a collection among "confirmed" guests, say you need enough firm commits (nonrefundable, of course) to cover the venue and band or it's all off?

Perhaps if you asked Maxwell DeMille or clubwitsend (who run their own events on a regular basis) nicely, they might be willing to help you out with a little advice. IIRC, Martini Slayer and dancesofvice do the same thing, but haven't seen either around in a while.

Good hunting!

*hiss* (Hey, my nature is "crotalid" rather than "strigid" or "trytonid", so you gotta admit it beats heck out of the other possible noise!)

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, here I am, alive and *hoot*ing, ha, that sounds wrong, I see some others are burning the candle at both ends, what is everyone else up to?

I'm at work, bored out of my skull.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Mr Vim said:
Well, here I am, alive and *hoot*ing... what is everyone else up to?

I'm at work, bored out of my skull.

*Hoot*

Closing toward Cinderella's study hour. :coffee:

Sounds like you're pulling CQ.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Mr Vim said:
I spent the weekend trying to get a Canteen dance set up with a the Thunder Mountain Big Band, they're amazingly good and they want to do a gig, I'm just am not sure how I'm going to pay them.

*hoot*

good luck, too bad I can't help

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, unless someone can give me the money, it will have to wait until next year... oh well. But everything works out because next year Veteren's Day is on Friday so that is a more appropriate night to have a shindig.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Mr Vim said:
Well, unless someone can give me the money, it will have to wait until next year... oh well. But everything works out because next year Veteren's Day is on Friday so that is a more appropriate night to have a shindig.

that would be fabu!

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, I've been up all night, its so late its early and I am off for some much needed sleep.

These night shifts man, yikes. It's fun staying up but not when you have to.

G'night everyone, this *hoot* is going to *hoot*ing bed.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
T(H)is is the w(O)rst part ab(O)ut the nigh(T)s shifts, I get off in the morning and then I'm on watch again later that night, but it feels like it should be tomorrow but it is still today and now I'm confused as all get out.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Mr Vim said:
T(H)is is the w(O)rst part ab(O)ut the nigh(T)s shifts, I get off in the morning and then I'm on watch again later that night, but it feels like it should be tomorrow but it is still today and now I'm confused as all get out.

sorry dahling. don't they put you on days sometimes too though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn