Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Longer For Sale, Superfino Panama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Why not make the game more fun and not give any details?

Hey guys, I've got something for sale. I'm not tellin' what it is, I'm not showin' you any photos, and I'm not gonna give a price. If you don't know what it is and what you should pay for it, you're just wasting my time.
:eek:

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PHOTOS!

So I spoke with the seller and here are the photos:

(Bartender Edit: Removed at seller's request. he clearly did not wish to have them published here)

jonbuilder

Marc Chevalier said:
Clearly a member of some Lumpen Lounge.

It was myself and I take offence. I did not hang up; I asked the price so I would not be wasting some one time that appeared he had no time to waste. I told the seller I was no interested at $2000. I got the impression the $2000 mention was not a set price more would be involved to close this deal. Yes I have $2000 and I am partial to who I deal with and decide to pass
cheers

BlindeMan

Familiar Face
Lefty said:
Hey guys, I've got something for sale. I'm not tellin' what it is, I'm not showin' you any photos, and I'm not gonna give a price. If you don't know what it is and what you should pay for it, you're just wasting my time.
:eek:

Lefty-
You're right. We should base our entire economy on a game of 20 questions!
Is it bigger than a breadbox?

Garrett said:
So I spoke with the seller and here are the photos:
Garrett-
Did the hat melt or bust into flames upon being photographed?

Sorry SPRFINO, but your sales technique is out of my realm of experience. I will never be counted amongst rare hat collectors who are so well-heeled that price is no object.

That said, if they can post a high resolution image of The Last Supper on the internet, surely your hat can be imaged without being defamed. This is, after all, a site filled with rabid (though perhaps not so affluent) hat-o-philes who would love the opportunty to view your vintage headwear.

Carlisle Blues

Marc Chevalier said:
Look, it's not difficult to follow the seller's instructions. Do you have a phone? Can you use Skype on a computer? Then call the seller up and ask for him to send you a photo. If you have no respect whatsoever for his instructions, why on earth should he respect your demands?

Hi Marc because that is the way I do business. Pretty simple[huh]

SPRFINO's product

My money

and you're an interfering third party .

I saw the pictures the questions are still the same.;)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I haven't seen so much devisiveness on a threat in the classified section before. :(
I wasn't about to waste the seller's time by contacting him so I could see a photo, yet I was quite interested in seeing photos of the hat.
My tastes run towards superfino, but my reality is that I can only afford subfino. It doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate seeing such a gem.
Thank you Garrett, for posting the photos of the hat. It truly is superb.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
SPRFINO said:
This hat has not seen the light of day for six years and I am more than willing to put it away for another six or twelve or twenty years.

The secret of these superfinos super-long shelf life is that they spend almost their entire life on the shelves.
The few vintage superfine Montecristi we had on the Fedora Lounge have this common biographical element: being woven for months, being sold to the fist owner who hides it, than the hat sits in a tube for God knows how long - than is sold by the inheritors, gets purchased by another soul-mate of the previous owners who takes a few pix (shares them or not) and than hides it and the hat continues to rest in the original packing maybe to leave once or twice for a steamy bathroom, wedding etc. etc. [huh]

2K price is not uncommon - that mouse bitten 1940s FDR hat auctioned on the e-aby scored finally the same price Dec 2008 A.D. while this Optimo of Optimo is pristine and 10 years older.

Modern 1500 wpsi hats have the similar fate - I might add....:rolleyes:

Super hat - I'd rather bite my toes (B.M.T.) and work at SUBWAY instead of selling that!

Feraud

Bartender
'Twas bad form to post photos of the hat knowing the seller did not wish to have them made public. A request for pics are expected but we should respect the seller's wishes.
A lesson learned I hope...

Rick Blaine

Baron Kurtz said:

Where's the respect that FLounge members so consistently brag about?

bk

Gotta give it to get it, eh? The seller came on über obnoxious & set the tone for this thread at the outset.

Further, I guess the question that occurs to me is : Are we here to share a common interest or are we here merely to shallowly define ourselves by what we consume?

I know why I am here and I do not think I am alone.

Sure, but this isn't a thread for discussion in the hats section, it's a thread about a hat for sale under strict terms of sale. I make no comment on my views regarding those terms; they are what they are (were). The seller is quite explicit in his desire to not post pictures publicly.

It is in extremely bad taste, therefore (given my current location, i'll go so far to say it just isn't cricket), to get pictures out of him then post them where he didn't want them posted.

bk

anon`

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Sure, but this isn't a thread for discussion in the hats section, it's a thread about a hat for sale under strict terms of sale. I make no comment on my views regarding those terms; they are what they are (were). The seller is quite explicit in his desire to not post pictures publicly.

It is in extremely bad taste, therefore (given my current location, i'll go so far to say it just isn't cricket), to get pictures out of him then post them where he didn't want them posted.

bk
True enough.

But then again, so is showing up with something to sell (in this economic climate, no less) with such a wonderfully insolent attitude towards an entire community of prospective buyers.

Feraud

Bartender
anon` said:
True enough.

But then again, so is showing up with something to sell (in this economic climate, no less) with such a wonderfully insolent attitude towards an entire community of prospective buyers.

I didn't detect that attitude at all. The reverse is obviously more accurate.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Baron Kurtz said:
It is so totally inappropriate to post photos that the seller did not want to have posted that it's almost beyond words.

Where's the respect that FLounge members so consistently brag about?

bk

Indeed. This thread is unnerving from several angles. I meant to close it this morning, but missed that step while munching cereal and sipping Lutheran Coffee.

So... *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy