Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Longer For Sale, Superfino Panama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRFINO

Familiar Face

(Bartender note: Original description removed by OP. Thread closed after item removed from consideration for sale. Original poster's deleted posts in thread restored as it gutted the conversation.)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Not to put too fine a point on it

Shel said:
It means 1500 weaves per square inch.
This is translated as "This hat has 1500 weaves per inch.":

Este sombrero tiene 1500 se teje por pulgada.

Cuenta normally is translated as "Account or bill".

1500 Cuenta would be translated as "1500 counts".

The seller may have been close but no cigar. :cool2:

I'd still like to see pictures.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Cuenta

Cuenta means bill as in the reckoning/counting total of money but it also means "count" as in what count aka number of weaves aka the weave count aka "It means 1500 weaves per square inch".

SPRFINO

Familiar Face
Pictures do not do justice (see avatar) but will be sent to interested parties after speaking by phone. If you have to ask the price, then you probably can't afford it.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I like you, SPRFINO ... you know what you've got and won't let it be 'nickel and dimed' away from you.
Good man. :eusa_clap

I understand your desire to not waste time answering queries from non-serious or non-qualifying potential buyers. That said, it would be easier to filter them out if you named your price right here.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
We're in a buyer's market like I've never seen; best for a seller not to insult a potential customer. Even one who asks too many questions. Like, "Can I see it?" and "What's the price?"

carter

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
We're in a buyer's market like I've never seen; best for a seller not to insult a potential customer. Even one who asks too many questions. Like, "Can I see it?" and "What's the price?"
:arated: Agreed. *
The egregious insult in the statement "If you have to ask the price, then you probably can't afford it.", smacks of elitist snobbery, IMHO.

*(I deleted my preceding post. It's not worth the effort.)

SPRFINO

Familiar Face
This hat has not seen the light of day for six years and I am more than willing to put it away for another six or twelve or twenty years. I will, however, entertain discussion from potential buyers. There is no elitist snobbery, nor insult in my statement; if you have to ask the price then you are not the right buyer. The right buyer will appreciate the rarity of this opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy