Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Norfolk Jacket

Tenorclef

One of the Regulars
RIP_zps9ec3338d.jpg

Must say quite pleased with my new Norfolk Jacket. Its made from Saxony Tweed from the West Country by a company called MAJORS. Nice belted rear, action back and patch pockets. Just the ticket!

davidraphael

Practically Family
Here's my Norfolk.
It's about forty years old, but I was the 1st person ever to wear it last year (my father was once a salesman and he had it stashed away as unsold stock)
img7805xx.jpg

le.gentleman

Familiar Face
I just published a comprehensive Norfolk Jacket guide with a bunch of historic details, which might be of interest to some of you. It discusses the full Norfolk jacket, half Norfolk jacket and the Norfolk suit. You can read it here.
Norfolk Suit, Germany 1921.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Any other photos? The interior would be good to see.
Right now my gut says "late 60-70's remake": the single button on the sleeve, the button stance, the flat shiny plastic-looking buttons, the lapels, the gorge, the shoulders... all very evocative of the 60-70's.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Norfolk suit jacket with some unusual features, which belongs to a friend. it's British and dated 1952 but looks somewhat Edwardian.
it has a stitched down faux-belt, and unusually, the pocket flaps are sewn under the belt (and the ticket pocket overlaps the belt !):

norf-1_zps39245806.png

It has the hidden pocket behind both front straps:

norf-2_zps0d465773.png

norf-3_zpsc99cb912.png

the oversize pocket flaps are much wider than the pocket beneath:

norf-4_zpse965ffb2.png

large interior hip pockets:

norf-5_zps643e987d.png

Tommy

One of the Regulars
herringbonekid; "Norfolk suit jacket with some unusual features, which belongs to a friend. it's British and dated 1952 but looks somewhat Edwardian.
it has a stitched down faux-belt, and unusually, the pocket flaps are sewn under the belt (and the ticket pocket overlaps the belt !):"

do you think this jacket is a one of a kind custom job, or does it have brothers out there? any labels?

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I just got my first Norfolk jacket today. It's a 60s vintage one but Edwardian enough for my taste. I'll put up pics as soon as I have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner