Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northern Ireland's BEST has passed away...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some of you will be aware of George Best, the wee lad from the streets of East Belfast who rose to become one of the finest footballers (soccer) in the annals of history, playing for Manchester United. He worked hard and played harder. Sometimes in his hey day he was referred to as the 5th Beatle! He passed away at a hospital in London just short of 1300h (GMT) today (Friday) with his family and 87-year-old dad by his side.

A Legend has just become the latest star in the sky.
the20best.jpg

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
As a follower of both Manchester United & "God's Wee Country" on the football field, at least insofar as I follow football, more your rugby man to be honest, his image shall always be iconic to me and I shall remember him for the glorious moments on the pitch. :cry:

However, I cannot fail to admire one of the most famous quotes from the man himself. (loosely) "I spent a lot of my money on fast cars, birds and booze... The rest I squandered." ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner