Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Roger K.

New in Town
I just received my fedora from Northwest Hat Company. Mike Miller is very personable and does excellent work. This is my first custom hat and although it took a while to get it, it was exactly as I ordered. I was worried about the double tear drop crown, as it is difficult to make, which I've never seen in person but he had a picture of one he did, and I HAD TO HAVE IT! This is made with beaver.
42842291_315989832528321_993267657430007808_n.jpg
42776302_750255665328147_7725673364001390592_n.jpg
42809525_267596697219265_6031748823783571456_n.jpg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I just received my fedora from Northwest Hat Company. Mike Miller is very personable and does excellent work. This is my first custom hat and although it took a while to get it, it was exactly as I ordered. I was worried about the double tear drop crown, as it is difficult to make, which I've never seen in person but he had a picture of one he did, and I HAD TO HAVE IT! This is made with beaver. View attachment 137794 View attachment 137799 View attachment 137800

Very nice hat! I prefer teardrop crowns, and have never seen a double-teardrop. That’s really neat, thanks for sharing!

I just received my fedora from Northwest Hat Company. Mike Miller is very personable and does excellent work. This is my first custom hat and although it took a while to get it, it was exactly as I ordered. I was worried about the double tear drop crown, as it is difficult to make, which I've never seen in person but he had a picture of one he did, and I HAD TO HAVE IT! This is made with beaver. View attachment 137794 View attachment 137799 View attachment 137800

Very nice! I get the feeling it won’t be you last custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Killer!

Roger K.

New in Town
My congratulations to you. Love the crease a lot. My preferred Hatter!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I can see why he's your favorite. He's very personable and has a real passion for what he does. You're very lucky to live close to his store....on second thoughts your wallet my disagree. Although his prices are lower than you will find anywhere! Thank you!

Sorry this took so long, this navy felt is a challenge to photograph, and the longhair makes it harder. My trip to NW Hats in Eugene was just what the hat room needed. Another white box with a bespoke hat in it. I'm going to have to make two piles, it is getting kind of tippy:D

Mike was playing with a brushed longhair finish a while back on another visit and I fell in love. Navy beaver felt took this finish so well, it shines what ever way you turn. Smooth and luxurious to the touch. I had him do his magic on a Shark's Gill with 10 pleats and some extra detailing. I wanted a hat that just wouldn't be for special occasions, so a teardrop makes it a little less formal. Full 6" crown with 5 1/2ish at the crease. I also went with a wider 2 7/8" brim. I think this one will be a custom daily driver.

3Oct18 Navy Longhair top side 650x.jpg
3Oct18 Navy Longhair crease 650x.jpg
3Oct18 Navy Longhair crown 650x.jpg

Detail of the gills, in this light it looks black, weird.
3Oct18 Navy Longhair Gills 2 650x.jpg
3Oct18 Navy Longhair NW Hats sign 500x.jpg

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry this took so long, this navy felt is a challenge to photograph, and the longhair makes it harder. My trip to NW Hats in Eugene was just what the hat room needed. Another white box with a bespoke hat in it. I'm going to have to make two piles, it is getting kind of tippy:D

Mike was playing with a brushed longhair finish a while back on another visit and I fell in love. Navy beaver felt took this finish so well, it shines what ever way you turn. Smooth and luxurious to the touch. I had him do his magic on a Shark's Gill with 10 pleats and some extra detailing. I wanted a hat that just wouldn't be for special occasions, so a teardrop makes it a little less formal. Full 6" crown with 5 1/2ish at the crease. I also went with a wider 2 7/8" brim. I think this one will be a custom daily driver.

View attachment 138323 View attachment 138324 View attachment 138325

Detail of the gills, in this light it looks black, weird.
View attachment 138326 View attachment 138327
Fantastic color, tall crown, wide brim, nicely detailed gills... Top Shelf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points