Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

m0nk

One Too Many
Oh, and I have to say that Mike put my hat together and shipped it approximately 5-6 weeks after I placed the order. But the work was phenomenal and looked like he took his time getting it all just right. No quality lost with the speedy completion...

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I had another hat delivered from Mike yesterday. (As an aside I beginning to wonder if he adds something to his hats because I always want another one)!

This one is in black cherry. It is the dress weight felt but it is definitely darker than the Penman black cherry that I was able to study some months ago. The colour is also completely even across the hat. I prefer this darker colour as I think it makes it more versatile, at least for me. I found the previous colour a little too flamboyant.

I asked Mike for a whippetesque hat, but with a thinner edge binding, 6" crown and 2 3/8 brim. This is what came in the post:

The colour is hard to photograph accurately, indeed depending on the light the colour itself seems to change. The following photo gives the best rendition I was able to come up with after playing with the camera settings:

Needless to say I am delighted with this hat. The quality and attention to detail is amazing, even down to a personal message written inside the sweatband. I can't praise Mike enough. He is a delight to work with and the standard of his hats is incredible. Phenomenal value for money.

Greg

m0nk

One Too Many
I have a few more pics, but they really dont do Mike's work justice...

IMG_20140320_084937_zpsfxyj6igi.jpg

IMG_20140320_085040_zps6qhtnfxk.jpg

IMG_20140320_085126_zpsvek58wjz.jpg

IMG_20140320_085105_zpscxppi3jv.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first custom hat from Mike. Sahara rabbit with Kangaroo ribbon. His work is truly first rate, with better ribbon stitching than on any of my other hats, and if the Winchester felt isn't quite up there with the very best of vintage hats, it's better than many, and Mike's pouncing makes it really nice:

If it stops raining, I might get some photos in a better light...

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Addicting yes im in the que waiting as well,

it does look great on you & nice dimensions work well ...oh yes cool duds !

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Today is my first peruse of this thread. I like what I'm seeing - a lot! Could we possibly have some close ups of the stitching of which you gents speak so highly?

RJR

Mike's prices and lead time are good and the product is excellent.A whiskey color he made for me... Hat-NW custom10-finished 2.jpg

Reactions: jlw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo