Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NOS Adam Arrived!

MG-B

New in Town
I won the auction for the 7 3/8 NOS Adam on Sunday. The hat arrived promptly on Thursday and it took me until Friday to work up the nerve to try to shape my first hat. But, if you look here you can see a brand new (roughly 50 year old) Adam with the start of a diamond bash to it. This was done without any water or steam (but with phone call to Art!). I'm still trying to get it straight. Once I feel comfortable with the shape, then I'll try using some steam to help it set. I didn't want to wait to show it off, so I'm posting the photos, even though I know it needs work on my part. (These are obviously very quickly done self-pics from my home office, so I apologize in advance.) But, the service was great, I'm really pleased with the hat and I'll post more pictures when I get it right.

Thanks Johnnyphi!

Here's a link for the photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=x96m7sw.33wlrwtk&x=0&h=1&y=-nw5oh0&localeid=en_US

MG-B

RPeers

One of the Regulars
Looking great MGB :eusa_clap ,

I also won one, the 7 1/8 Schoble, it arrived here in the great white north just two hours ago. These hats are perfect. I have tried some dry shaping of the crease for mine but I am not happy with it just yet all my others came precreased so this is a whole new ballgame for me as well. I'll be sure to post some pictures of mine as soon as it's creased.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Awesome!

Thanks for posting feedback and photos! I'm glad everything went smoothly. I'm curious, how did the packaging hold up? Was there much evidence of jostling during transit?

With regard to the hat... I love hearing the reaction of first time bashers, and I'm glad to hear that Art was available to share his wisdom with you. The best part about these open-crown hats is that you will be able to re-crease them a few times, if you decide to go with a different style.

MG-B said:
I won the auction for the 7 3/8 NOS Adam on Sunday. The hat arrived promptly on Thursday and it took me until Friday to work up the nerve to try to shape my first hat. But, if you look here you can see a brand new (roughly 50 year old) Adam with the start of a diamond bash to it. This was done without any water or steam (but with phone call to Art!). I'm still trying to get it straight. Once I feel comfortable with the shape, then I'll try using some steam to help it set. I didn't want to wait to show it off, so I'm posting the photos, even though I know it needs work on my part. (These are obviously very quickly done self-pics from my home office, so I apologize in advance.) But, the service was great, I'm really pleased with the hat and I'll post more pictures when I get it right.

Thanks Johnnyphi!

Here's a link for the photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=x96m7sw.33wlrwtk&x=0&h=1&y=-nw5oh0&localeid=en_US

MG-B

Ande1964

Practically Family
Nice!

It's a beauty! I'm in agony... mine didn't show up today, which means I have to wait until at least Monday!

Arg!

Anj

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
So close, yet so far!

UPS says the hat is someplace called Lenexa, KS. It should arrive on 6/02.

Ande1964 said:
It's a beauty! I'm in agony... mine didn't show up today, which means I have to wait until at least Monday!

Arg!

Anj

MG-B

New in Town
Sizing was as expected

I'm a little bigger than a 7 3/8 and a long-oval (egghead) to boot. But, it is just a bit snug and that seems correctly sized to me. I think it will conform to my head without problem. I was worried about the sizing since I'm not quite a true 3/8, but I think it's fine. I'm quite pleased. Anyone else want to address the sizing issue of Johnnyphi's NOS hats?

kabuto said:
Was the size pretty much what you'd expect for 7-3/8?

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
looking good

That's a good job with the bash. Not much too it is there? That said I prefer a wet bash to a dry one, but the fun is in the trying. I'm in the middle of remodeling an Akubra stockman which I've just picked up from a hatrack at my fathers 5 years after I left it there (wondered where it got to, I think by brother borrowed it).

There are a few on the list I'd love to spendmy $$ on, but I'm a n00b on the boards so I can't (and that ain't so bad as the wife might kill me because I've just bought old Akubras for 2 of my kids in the last week or two).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR