Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NOS Borso found in Atlanta

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I keep telling myself, "No More Felts", Texas weather only allows for about 2 to 3 months tops and the rest of the time is straw weather. That having been said, I found this new old stock Borso on my trip to Atlanta. The color of the hat on my head is pretty much true. I will let the hat speak for its self.

P1010231.jpg

P1010232.jpg

P1010229.jpg

P1010226.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Bud, Great find. I'm another Texan who has goes to Atlanta several times a year. Did you happen to leave anything in a 7 1/8? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Sorry Rick, I can't reveal my honey hole. I guess I should have given the particulars of the hat

brim - 2 3/4

crown - 5 1/4

the sweat is a dark brown with the vents in front. The liner is sewn in and the size tag is a 7. Imagine my suprise that it fit my 7 3/8 head. Well with a bit of coaxing. ;)

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
J.T.Marcus said:
Bud, Great find. I'm another Texan who has goes to Atlanta several times a year. Did you happen to leave anything in a 7 1/8? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

JT, the only other hat I found to speak of, was a 7 3/8 LO Stetson Panama. The shop keepers was firm at $30. Not a bad price if one overlooked the quarter sized hole at the pinch and the pea sized hole in the brim.:rolleyes:

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Seems that...

...Marc C had a hat he modified with a pattern of vent holes. He has a thread where he discusses it.

A while back I saw a western set at the turn of the century. The actors had a bar scene where they were wearing felt fedoras and you could see paterns of holes on the sides.

I noticed one of the Akubras had a small vent hole right above the center of the bow.

I'm not suggesting you mess up any hats. It may be you can modifiy a few and extend by several months how long you can wear felt hats. When you think about it, people out west used to wear felt hats the entire year.

I really think if you can get the heat out you can wear them much more of the year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR