Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not feeling like myself

Heather

Practically Family
Today I ended up wearing a skirt from the back of my closest. It's about 2-3 inches above my knees and it feels weird, not to mention drafty! lol. Hubby is enjoying the extra leg but really I prefer below the knee-mid-calf. I feel un-ladylike otherwise! I can't wait to get back into one of my regular dresses tomorrow.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been there, sister. And I really don't have the legs for anything above the knee! I felt so uncomfortable.
Once you get used to looking like a lady (and being treated like one) it's hard to go back!

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
I agree.
I had to go to church with no nylons on this past week as I fell a week ago :rolleyes: and got a lovely gash in the top of my foot...ended up with 8 stitiches and some nerve damage in my foot. This also meant I can't wear some of my fave shoes either :mad:
I felt soooo naked with no nylons on :eek:

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I was wearing a (obviously!) below-the-knee A-line the other day in dance class, and the instructor with whom I was dancing had a complaint that she couldn't pass her legs through mine because it was hampering her movement, so she requested that I roll it up from the waist for the time being. "But my knees will show!", I exclaimed with horror :eek:.

Needless to say, chuckles all around...

Heather

Practically Family
Ow HoneyBee! :( Eeep I don't think I could go out w/o my stockings! Naked indeed! But I guess a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! :-/

LOL that's classic bunnyb.gal!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I was wearing a (obviously!) below-the-knee A-line the other day in dance class, and the instructor with whom I was dancing had a complaint that she couldn't pass her legs through mine because it was hampering her movement, so she requested that I roll it up from the waist for the time being. "But my knees will show!", I exclaimed with horror :eek:.

Needless to say, chuckles all around...

This is a new one on me. What kind of dance class was this? I can see the need to wear pants or a tennis-type skirt in an aerials class, or being hampered by a hoop skirt while attempting the Argentine tango (as if that ever happens), but for anything else [huh]

Your instructor (or partner) should be the one to adapt. A guy couldn't say that without the risk of getting smacked.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Ow HoneyBee! :( Eeep I don't think I could go out w/o my stockings! Naked indeed! But I guess a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! :-/

LOL that's classic bunnyb.gal!

:( very awkward feeling!

:D I took the stitches out Sunday afterwards...its going to be sore and I don't think the scar will be as bad as I thought, but wearing a shoe strap across the top of my foot isn't going to happen for awhile as it is very sensitive..amazing what a cement stepping stone can do to ones whole life lol

Oh, bunny.gal, waay funny!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ditto what you gals say. I hate showing my knees! If the weather's really warm I'll wear shorts, but still feel funny leaving the house lol

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
This is a new one on me. What kind of dance class was this? I can see the need to wear pants or a tennis-type skirt in an aerials class, or being hampered by a hoop skirt while attempting the Argentine tango (as if that ever happens), but for anything else [huh]

Your instructor (or partner) should be the one to adapt. A guy couldn't say that without the risk of getting smacked.

Fair dos, she actually had a valid point - we were doing slow foxtrot and she couldn't actually swing her legs through properly to get her driving step. The skirt is lined and the lining tends to bunch up a bit sometimes. So Paisley, your Tango observation wasn't far off! From now on, I'll save those skirts for Latin, and wear the high-waisted trousers for Ballroom!

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
I have a dress which comes above the knee. I get the old knobblies out from time to time. Though could never go out without stockings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24