Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Notebook Hair....

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Okay....so in my quest to find a new color...(I'll leave the headaches of growing layers out, and a new hairstyle for later), what would you call Rachel's hair in The Notebook?

awp_0_800.jpg

rachel-mcadams_dot_net-thenotebook-moviepromostills017.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
I just watched this the other day. One of my favorites! Yes, I like sappy movies-lol. As far as the color, I think it depends on the lighting at the different points in the movie. To me it looks more red. Maybe very subtle blonde highlights added. Are you doing it yourself? I'd recommend taking a picture to a stylist. Unless your natural color is pretty close to this.

rachel-mcadams_dot_net-thenotebo-2.jpg

rachel-mcadams_dot_net-thenotebo-1.jpg

rachel-mcadams_dot_net-thenotebook-.jpg

rachel-mcadams_dot_net-thenotebo-3.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I am a sucker for this movie too!

It does look like a strawberry blonde...
Almost like a custom color... (hard to explain)

Taking apicture to a stylist would be the perfect wat to go!

Good luck and cant wait to seee!!!

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
I used to use L'Oreal Couleur Experte in 7.3 Butterscotch (a warm, quasi-reddish dark blonde) and it came out very similar to that. :) I went really easy on the highlights though, and would recommend that anyone else trying it do the same!

Dani California

Familiar Face
It's definitely strawberry blonde! I know for a fact because I know people that worked on the film. Also, it's what my natural color is and it very close to that.

Spaugs

New in Town
I don't know, I would call it copper. It's red and blonde, but it definitely has that copper look to me. [huh] maybe it's just my computer, but I've always thought of it as a red copper (and had a huge envy for that beautiful color!)

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
[bad]

I emailed the pics to my hairdresser (she lives across the road!) and she said to get a coppery red I'll need to bleach mine up. Which im not really willing to do because its naturally curly and therefore already naturally dry! [cry]

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
RitaHayworth said:
[bad]

I emailed the pics to my hairdresser (she lives across the road!) and she said to get a coppery red I'll need to bleach mine up. Which im not really willing to do because its naturally curly and therefore already naturally dry! [cry]

What color is your hair now?
Instead of bleaching.. U may want to consider a bleach rinse.. or a color strip rinse (u can get a nice one that wont damage too much)

I had to do that once to get a red color that I wanted from my black hair...

I am right there with u when it comes to curly dry hair (naturally)

Cant wait to see the results!:) :)

lizylou

Familiar Face
I love her hair color in this movie. When I watch the movie I just sit and stare at her hair wishing mine was as beautiful! :eek:

I have an olive skin color, and brown eyes I don't think I would compliment this color! It seems to make her blue eyes seem so much more bluer! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner