Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing but Seamed Stockings

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh, Im sorry, I did my quote wrong. I was saying that you states she grabbed the wrong ones that you asked for. This is a mistake, you were given the wrong item, and you didnt realize (or could see) it was wrong until you got home and opened the item.

If they dont exchange on that reason, I wouldnt buy from them again.
Oopsie on the misunderstanding we had :)

LD

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Gotta love the computer for those!lol

You're right about not buying from them again, oy vey shopping for a store again! They are nice stockings otherwise, so I'm sure I'll get some use out of them, I just figured I'd ask before I ruined a good pair of stockings:)

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
I'd go back anyways, regardless. It was not your mistake. Give them a chance to make it up to you. You never know. But make sure you interact with the same sales lady if you can.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I phoned the store the instant I realised, and explained what had happened, They said it was store policy and they couldn't do anything about it, I'm apparently out of luck[huh]

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That store really stinks

:rage: They are the store. They made the policy, not some all-powerful nameless entity. Now THEY can't do anything about it? :rage: Here I am trying to find an inexpensive pair of beige backseams with no luck, but your terrible experience in customer non-service really steams me. I hate retail shopping.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine I agree about the shopping, it's horrible!
I'm thinking I need to learn how to make my own nylon fabric and create my own stockingslol

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
are we allowed to promote companies?

It may be a newbie blunder, but I'm not linked with the company so I assume it's ok? If not let me know :)

Stockings HQ is a great site, which accepts paypal, and they carry a massive range of stockings. (No funny business on their; photographs show the packaging/products on mannequins; no nudity)Also the staff are really helpful; if you want something specific they will try to get it; posting in the "product help" bit of the forum usually gets a response within a day or two.

You could even ask about the marker pen trick; little doubt someone has tried it!

Stupid shop policy by the way. I work in a shop so I can easily rant about unhelpful staff. What happened to the customer's always right? If I made a mistake in work (not that I do :rolleyes: ) then I would accept responsibility if it meant not losing a customer, and in turn, other/potential customers who may be friends with them. Grrrr.

(edit: I evidently can't use html code as well as I thought, but the website is http://www.stockingshq.com if you copy and paste it.)

(edit again: I can't %£$*ing believe it! The Lounge turns web pages into links itself. Well don't I feel a numpty now?!)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Eh, I'm a little late in seeing this, but thought I'd mention it anyway...I recently found a site called MyTights.com and low and behold they have contrast seam tights and stockings available, if you're still looking for some. I won't post a link as some of the images are a little racy, but if you go to the site, just click on the "Seams" link toward the bottom of the page.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
places will often tell you one thing when you call and another when you go in. you need to go into the store. do NOT settle for a phone call and do not take no for an answer. so their policy is no returns, so what? it was their mistake and it's their responsibility to fix it. go back to the store, talk to the sales lady and demand that she fix her mistake. refuse to let their mistake cost you money. if they refuse, you ask to speak to her manager. if s/he refuses, you explain one more time that the mistake was not yours and that you are being kind enough to give them a chance to fix their mistake and retain a customer. be sure to tell them that you will file a complain with the BBB if they do not fix their mistake.

i'm sure you'll get your refund. do not settle and don't be a pushover.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Thanks for the tip Kim B!:) I will definitely check them out.

In the mean time I managed to find an ebay seller that has them, and for less than I paid here, per pair, even with shipping!:D

Kitty, I know I shouldn't be a push over, but having worked lingerie retail myself I understand their position on the returns policy, anything intimate in nature can become a bit of a health concern if it's being bought and returned, I may be honest and have not tried them on, but how do they know.[huh]

But they have done a good job as school stockings, nice and subtle, so I guess even though I'm not pleased with the store, they have at least been worth the money:)

Welcome to the lounge by the way, Kitty!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
CanadaDoll,
Magnolia Hosiery (google it because it has a few racey pics on it, not bad tho.) I just went there and they have beige with black seams and other colors and stuff. I get my regular FF stockings from them. They're a stocking company in the southern USA that still uses the original knitting machines to make their stockings and their prices aren't too bad either.

Daisy Buchanan

KittyT said:
places will often tell you one thing when you call and another when you go in. you need to go into the store. do NOT settle for a phone call and do not take no for an answer. so their policy is no returns, so what? it was their mistake and it's their responsibility to fix it. go back to the store, talk to the sales lady and demand that she fix her mistake. refuse to let their mistake cost you money. if they refuse, you ask to speak to her manager. if s/he refuses, you explain one more time that the mistake was not yours and that you are being kind enough to give them a chance to fix their mistake and retain a customer. be sure to tell them that you will file a complain with the BBB if they do not fix their mistake.

i'm sure you'll get your refund. do not settle and don't be a pushover.
:eek:fftopic: Hi Kitty, I just wanted to welcome you to the lounge. I would have sent you a PM, but you have to have a certain number of posts before you can send and receive them. So I'm saying hi here. It's so nice to see another Boston gal here!! Make sure you stop by the introduction threads in both the Powder Room and The Observation Bar, and tell us a little about yourself:)
Happy Lounging,
Daisy in Boston (Allston/Brighton)

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
:eek:fftopic: Hi Kitty, I just wanted to welcome you to the lounge. I would have sent you a PM, but you have to have a certain number of posts before you can send and receive them. So I'm saying hi here. It's so nice to see another Boston gal here!! Make sure you stop by the introduction threads in both the Powder Room and The Observation Bar, and tell us a little about yourself:)
Happy Lounging,
Daisy in Boston (Allston/Brighton)

Kitty is a good friend of mine!!!! She's good people. HI SHANNON!!!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i have some very nice, unusual pairs with fancy heels or flocking. most of the ones i find are too big, so i sell them on ebay. y'all missed out - i just sold my last pair of spider heel stockings on ebay. i will keep posting pictures here as i find stuff and will likely list in the classifieds as stuff turns up for me to sell.

also, for lots of fun fancy heel designs, check the collector's corner at Alexis4u.com. they start out pricey (around $50) but there are some amazing designs on there, even some with embroidered poodles on the ankles!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto