Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The only neighbors I have are horses, thankfully. Big change from the bright lights and sounds of NYC.
icon14.gif

Come to think my neighbors are the ones who make the speed-bumps. lol lol

Paisley said:
Yeah, my parents have speed bumps almost in front of their house, about 40 feet from the stop sign. It doesn't slow down the people who really do want to go fast. And yes, the cars go "bump" every time they go by. My parents' former neighbors wanted the bumps, and complained about every nitpicky thing you could think of. They didn't even want me to park on the cul-de-sac next to their house when my parents' steep driveway was covered with ice. They're part of the reason you couldn't pay me to live in that area. We're glad, glad, glad they're gone.

Well, I have kept this nutcase in check. The speed "hump" would likely have been in front of my house---no thanks. Fortunately they need the signatures of the people in front of whose house it will be. ;) Not only the bump bump noise would bother me but the speeding up and slowing down preceeding it would also be a problem. Not to mention the skidding when people finally realize there are "humps" where there were none before. :rolleyes:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
A Very Important Point

jamespowers said:
Not to mention the skidding when people finally realize there are "humps" where there were none before. :rolleyes:

They're bumps, not humps. My sister called them humps once, and her husband backed up the car to show her the sign. lol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Oh I've found a doozy a couple blocks away. This guy and gal are married, she has an affair, gets pregnant by the boyfriend, leaves the husband and moves in with the boyfriend. Her Dad was living with the ex-husband so she'd bring the baby over to see her Dad. Then she, boyfriend and baby move into the house with her ex-husband and father. Now, they've bought another house and everyone's moved into the new house together.:eek:

Lincsong said:
Oh I've found a doozy a couple blocks away. This guy and gal are married, she has an affair, gets pregnant by the boyfriend, leaves the husband and moves in with the boyfriend. Her Dad was living with the ex-husband so she'd bring the baby over to see her Dad. Then she, boyfriend and baby move into the house with her ex-husband and father. Now, they've bought another house and everyone's moved into the new house together.:eek:

:eek: :eusa_doh:

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
found out our neighbor is...um...well it's a small community and we've run into a few people who know him and, uh, well it appears they reinforce what we already figured, that he's a few gallons short of a full-tank...but they seemed to add on some more information that kind of raised our eyebrows...

so we're kind of keeping an extra eye on him now...

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I can't beleive some of these nutty HOA where you're not allowed to build a patio in your backyard because the height may be above the fence and people may be offended. :fing28: :fing28:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
I can't beleive some of these nutty HOA where you're not allowed to build a patio in your backyard because the height may be above the fence and people may be offended. :fing28: :fing28:

That's nothing. In certain historical parts of Denver, you can't replace your old garage, designed to house a Model T, with one you can park your SUV in. This, in neighborhoods where you can drive for blocks looking for a place to park. In Greenwood Village, Colorado, HOAs have been known to measure fence heights and order neighbors to take down swing sets. In Highlands Ranch, I don't think you're allowed to xeriscape your yard in a climate that sees 13" of rain per year. Columbine: you can't park on the street. In certain areas, you can't run a business from your house. I think all those rules make for a bland existence.

Paisley said:
That's nothing. In Greenwood Village, Colorado, HOAs have been known to measure fence heights and order neighbors to take down swing sets. In Highlands Ranch, I don't think you're allowed to xeriscape your yard in a climate that sees 13" of rain per year. Columbine: you can't park on the street. In certain areas, you can't run a business from your house. I think all those rules make for a bland existence.

Not only bland but really ridiculous as they try to regulate every area of your life. If they can tell you what you can do or plant on your property, it is like living under a tyranny. I would expect to go to a meeting and find a Castro looking type behind the desk of the "presidency." :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Personally, not saying anyone else is wrong for choosing to live under a Homeowner's Association, but I could never live where I am owning, not renting, yet cannot paint or garden. To me, decorating and gardening and pet ownership are the most compelling reasons to give up being able to call the landlord to fix the toilet! lol

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viola said:
Personally, not saying anyone else is wrong for choosing to live under a Homeowner's Association, but I could never live where I am owning, not renting, yet cannot paint or garden. To me, decorating and gardening and pet ownership are the most compelling reasons to give up being able to call the landlord to fix the toilet! lol

Amen to that sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My little chihuahua was put on trial because someone claimed they saw her poop.... I got her a lawyer.....she beat the case....it was established she did, in fact, poop but it was cleaned up right away. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Bunch of lunatics.........
icon13.gif

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'm going to celebrate when we go from an apartment to our own home by painting all the interior walls with the Sherwin Williams historic paint! I just can't decide whether to go with their Streamlined Years or Suburban Modern lines... lol Whaddaya guys think?

I want a chihuahua, btw. Great little dogs. Don't worry, I'm not painting it.

Man if my neighbors complained about a chihuahua I would escalate and get chickens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn