Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

Story

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
Oh I've found a doozy a couple blocks away. This guy and gal are married, she has an affair, gets pregnant by the boyfriend, leaves the husband and moves in with the boyfriend. Her Dad was living with the ex-husband so she'd bring the baby over to see her Dad. Then she, boyfriend and baby move into the house with her ex-husband and father. Now, they've bought another house and everyone's moved into the new house together.:eek:

At what point did you start hearing dueling banjos?

Viola said:
I'm going to celebrate when we go from an apartment to our own home by painting all the interior walls with the Sherwin Williams historic paint! I just can't decide whether to go with their Streamlined Years or Suburban Modern lines... lol Whaddaya guys think?

I want a chihuahua, btw. Great little dogs. Don't worry, I'm not painting it.

Man if my neighbors complained about a chihuahua I would escalate and get chickens.

I am a Classical Colonial kind of guy so I wouldn't be the guy to ask. ;) :D
And yes, the reason for home ownership is to be able to do whatever you want to the house within reason---legality. :D

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I'd love to see that. I once saw a house painted purple--two tone purple. Someone said that that guy must hate his neighbors. ;) :p

My neighbor down the street form me, thought my landlords called the cops on him so he put up a huge fence and painted it flamingo pink! He did that as an act of revenge but my landlord's are relieved they don't have to look at his property anymore! lol

Samantha

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
Ok, I've giggled, read in gaped mouth awe, and felt really bad for some of you.

Here's mine:
I live in a nice-ish area of town with mid size homes, nice size lots, walking distance to a very nice park. Mostly mid class professors, and other professionals or trades people. My west neighbor apparently doesn't know how to mow her yard, and neither does her 14 yr old son, or 40 someodd year old boy friend. It occasionally gets mowed by myself (at least in front) or the neighbor accross the street to the north (KC)- more on KC in a minute.
She is a recent widow (a year or two), apparently her husband left a nice life insurance package (Kudo's to him), as she has quit her job to be a woman of leisure, and has completely gutted her home to replace the soiled (animal waste) carpets and linolium. The smell was so bad I couldn't enter the house or even the garage. Added an addition, painted, but didn't replace the ruined screens or blinds--go figger. They continue to live as pigs- and apparently always will. The remod has never been completed! The fence isn't done, painting isn't done, trim work isn't done. We're getting close to a year. She has lost 6 dogs Her original Cockers were left outside, and their fur allowed to matt-- they could barely walk or see due to the fur. One a gift from KC, one the boy friends, the other tow where replacement for the original neglected cockers.

KC is a great neighbor but nutty. He has installed cameras on his property and keeps tabs on all the comings and goings. He notes the liscense plates on the vehicles at the rent house just west of the aforementioned neighbor. His observations have led to numerous arrests, and stories offered as to the neighborhood goings on. He is a oneman neighborhood watch. He's nutty- but nice.

Last one- We had a family a bit further west. Parents and # kids- They would let the Youngest now 4 and the middle now 6-7 play in the street completely unsupervised, usually underdressed (if dressed at all) no matter the weather, time of day, etc. They decided to home school the kids because it allowed Mom to stay in bed as long as she wanted.-- Never saw any evidence of schooling going on. I don't know how many folks complained about almost hitting these children when they darted out into the street- day or night. When anyone complained to the parents about the behavior (stealing from mailboxes, garages, etc.) It was somehow our fault that her children were doing these things. I've got two young kids- I don't tolerate this behavior in mine- Heck I even put them to bed at a reasonable hour. I think that is called parenting....

Ah well that family has moved, and the rest of the folks are really pretty pleasant.

All the best,

CH

retrogirl1941 said:
My neighbor down the street form me, thought my landlords called the cops on him so he put up a huge fence and painted it flamingo pink! He did that as an act of revenge but my landlord's are relieved they don't have to look at his property anymore! lol

Samantha

If he had painted the house flamingo pink then it would have been a different story. :p ;)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Why can't a couple kids play in the street? I'm confused. Around here kids play in the street all the time...sometimes with whole field hockey goals they have to move when cars come.

Honestly I'd rather see kids playing outside no matter the weather than inside with their X-boxes and Gameboys. But that's me. I'm practicing being a cranky old person.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
jamespowers said:
I'd love to see that. I once saw a house painted purple--two tone purple. Someone said that that guy must hate his neighbors. ;) :p

There was a guy in the next town who got into a squabble with his snooty upscale neighbors about something trivial, and painted his house with yellow school-bus paint just to put them in their place. And he used glossy black enamel for the trim. Drivers would pull up to a stop in front of it out of force of habit.

LizzieMaine said:
There was a guy in the next town who got into a squabble with his snooty upscale neighbors about something trivial, and painted his house with yellow school-bus paint just to put them in their place. And he used glossy black enamel for the trim. Drivers would pull up to a stop in front of it out of force of habit.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol Glossy black enamel! lol lol

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
ClothesHorse said:
KC is a great neighbor but nutty. He has installed cameras on his property and keeps tabs on all the comings and goings. He notes the liscense plates on the vehicles at the rent house just west of the aforementioned neighbor. His observations have led to numerous arrests, and stories offered as to the neighborhood goings on. He is a oneman neighborhood watch. He's nutty- but nice.

This KC person reminds me of someone I know..its gonna bug me now..i think it was someone from my old neighborhood...hmmm. but yeah he was a cranky old guy..like 80 something lived alone in a house decorated in the 40s. Cool guy, suspicious and paranoid of everything of everyone, a bit of a cynic but comically sarcastic . Had more guns than you could believe...he was a WWII and Korean war vet or something and then did some what he called "government work" Black and white photos everywhere, he was a funny guy. I use to mow his lawn in the summers. After awhile he took a liking to me and showed me his collection of what he called "Killin' Sh*t" guy had some very nice...less than legal stuff lol.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Well, the old lady who accused me of poisoning her vegetables caught me in the driveway today. She asked me if I could move some cement blocks in her backyard, so I said, "sure where do you want them?" and I moved them for her. She then apologized for yelling at me. I told her don't worry about it. :)

Elaina

One Too Many
That was nice of you.

I am the nutty neighbor. I live next door to a cemetery, and my solid black cat goes and drapes himself over the tombstones. When people walk by, I watch him arch and hiss like a Halloween cat and it is rather amusing to see the people jump. I generally have a cup of coffee in my peignoir in the morning, where I live behind a mechanic's shop (Dennis doesn't care, I AM covered) and so some of the women think I've lost it or putting on airs.

I also work in the barn (no lie) because I don't have a garage on my dad's 1953 Ford truck, since he's too disabled to do it, with the same cat following me all over the place like a dog, along WITH the standard poodle and Pomeranian, the robin that I yell at to get away from the garden (and listens) and a squirrel. Most of the time I do a little mechanic work before I go to work, where I typically bring a pencil skirt, blouse and heels to change into afterward.

I don't go to church, which is a big no-no, I go to Nashville, and the big city, I have coffee with the old men at Waffle House after work, and worse of all, I've allowed men to buy me drinks at the honky tonk and WH. Scandalous.

They all think I've lost it in town, but it might be because I live in a small town.

59Lark

Practically Family
Daring to be different is fine.

I think we can all agree, being different is okay , you have to figure we on this forum are not normal nor would we wish to be. Working on a truck in the barn or drinking coffe in a nightgown is not terms to set your house on fire. I think the illegal stuff or immoral is what bothers us or when they put children at risk. My lawn is quite long right now and my lawn needs trimming but its been raining so much lately its hard for me to get too it. We work all day six days a week in the store and i only can cut it on weekends or evenings and quite often my wife wants to go get away or go for a drive in the evenings. We have a store on the side of the house and we homeschool, they dont stay in bed all day. Homeschoolers are mostly better educated than public education but there is that occasional family that ruins it for all by misusing the word and not doing anything . My biggest complaint on my street is the rental duplex across the street, the 4 people living in a one bedroom apartment and the screaming and fighting till midnight some nights till someone calls the cops. I would love to live in a better area but hey my mothers lives in a good neighbourhood and the guy across threated his wife with a gun and now she is living with a cop and he is living with his son only. 59Lark

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Elaina, you're killing me here. lol Living next to a cemetary????lol Black cat?lol lol You're posting that just to get me rolling on the floor. :D Do you wear a muumuu to go to the Dairy Queen or Tastee Freeze?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn