Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Wait a minute...lacking in perception or judgment?..Without intelligent control....or in a blind alley?..Or ambushing from a hiding place?...Reality...realty...relativity...or relevancy..?? Dimensions..capacity..or rhythmic beat? Metric?...Or for good measure?....
Please explain...make plain...expound...
hahahahahhahahaha Let's see;

1. Perception; unable to see that a yard in front of the house, plus the yard on the side of the house equals a yard larger than a house with just a yard in front of the house.

2.Judgement; unable to comprehend "front yard" plus "side yard" is greater than "single yard".

3. Blind Alley; unable to see see the trees through the forest or in this case the yard.

4.Rythmic beat; playing that same monotone sound.

=)

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ok, the house next door is for sale. Which means we may be soon be rid of our dreaded neighbor, the "flirty flipper." He and his wife go around and destroy vintage homes (new windows, plastic sliding, horrific remuddling) for a profit.

If that isn't bad enough, the husband verbally abuses his wife in public and in the yard (calls her a "stupid" and "idiotic" "____" and a "_____"- swear words which are the worst you can call a woman) and he is a horrific flirt in front of his wife.

I just generally get the creeps whenever I see him, it's gotten to the point where I will not work in the yard alone anymore. I hope the house sells soon.

Magister

Familiar Face
We moved to a new home last April. It's in the country so there aren't many neighbors, and the ones I've talked to seem fine.

If I don't have nutty neighbors does that mean it's me?!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The flirty flipper is on Wife #3. He seems to be working on Wife #4. (Needless to say, wife #4 won't be me. lol)

Honestly, I don't know how he got three women to marry him. Although I can guess why wife #1 and #2 left him.

4 couples have seen the house, no offers. :( Got my fingers crossed for couple #5.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
We moved to a new home last April. It's in the country so there aren't many neighbors, and the ones I've talked to seem fine.

If I don't have nutty neighbors does that mean it's me?!

Ha ha You might have something there

There's a saying in poker, "There's a sucker at every table. If you can't spot the sucker, it might just be you"

1. Perception; unable to see that a yard in front of the house, plus the yard on the side of the house equals a yard larger than a house with just a yard in front of the house.

2.Judgement; unable to comprehend "front yard" plus "side yard" is greater than "single yard".

That is complete baloney and you know it. In my neighborhood we all have 1/4 acre lots---except the corner houses. They have no yard in back and nothing but a postage stamp of lawn in the front. You can easily see this by using google earth to plot the real land mass. Lazy people choose corner lots so they have no land to do anything with. Only my neighbor on one corner has a house built on FOUR lots joined as one. Otherwise he would have the same as the other corners---nothing.

Those solutions might work for some people between reasonable neighbors but if you have nutty as a fruitcake neighbors such as I just go straight for the ordinance.
The nuts also have a tree that used to grow over my chimney. I hired a guy and he went up into their tree and cut off the part that was overhanging my chimney and my property. I got a good amount of wood from it too. Ever since then they have cut it themselves because they did not want me to shear it back like a hedge. Same with a bunch of trees they had a long the fenceline. I cut them back like hedges every year. Eventually they removed them rather than have me cut half their tree off every year. The ones they left they cut back off my side themselves.
You don't get good neighbors, you train them. Eventually they get it. The hammer works better than the feather there. I even got the neighbor across the street to cut down bamboo along the driveway I park my cars in. She just volunteered and I was perfectly happy with that---because she knows what I will do if I do it myself. :p

Those solutions might work for some people between reasonable neighbors but if you have nutty as a fruitcake neighbors such as I just go straight for the ordinance.
The nuts also have a tree that used to grow over my chimney. I hired a guy and he went up into their tree and cut off the part that was overhanging my chimney and my property. I got a good amount of wood from it too. Ever since then they have cut it themselves because they did not want me to shear it back like a hedge. Same with a bunch of trees they had a long the fenceline. I cut them back like hedges every year. Eventually they removed them rather than have me cut half their tree off every year. The ones they left they cut back off my side themselves.
You don't get good neighbors, you train them. Eventually they get it. The hammer works better than the feather there. I even got the neighbor across the street to cut down bamboo along the driveway I park my cars in. She just volunteered and I was perfectly happy with that---because she knows what I will do if I do it myself. :p

Paying someone to trim a tree gets pretty expensive. All too often they say that they cannot trim it to where it does not infringe upon my property because it would disturb the integrity of the tree. Insanely enough, it is perfectly legal for the tree's owner to allow it to hang over my house and property mucking everything up.
:D

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Paying someone to trim a tree gets pretty expensive. All too often they say that they cannot trim it to where it does not infringe upon my property because it would disturb the integrity of the tree. Insanely enough, it is perfectly legal for the tree's owner to allow it to hang over my house and property mucking everything up.

Really? In NYS you can trim everything back to your property line. And if the tree is in bad shape (damaged, or not structurally correct) and it damages your property, you can seek those damages in court. (Even if the owner of the property states that they did not know the tree was faulty.)

Your development must have been designed by dope smokers. Where I am you can cut it right back to the property line---and I do. :p Too bad if they don't like it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24