Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

rue

...Well no wonder then....:p

:eeek: soooo mean..... :(

:p

Now Rue, you don't want to come across as the stuffy neighbor. Make nice and say something about how fresh the box that their wine comes in smells. Be prepared for the poetry reading, look up limerick and memorize something that starts with "There once was a man from Nantucket..."

Remember, you're the NEW neighbor, you have to fit in with THEM. :D

lol lol lol

I learned my lesson making friends with the neighbors last time.... talk about crazy! It was it's own version of Wisteria Lane :eeek:

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face
I have a neighbour who when my son was 3 went through a phase of lobbing his toys over the garden fence. I'm talking light plastic skittles, balls, buzz lightyears and woody dolls. She came knocking on my door brandishing a black bin liner of toys, she said she had been collecting them up for 2 weeks and had kept them in her shed for a month to teach my son the lesson that he shouldn't lob toys over her fence. And that they could have caused her children a serious injury if say any of them had hit them on the head. She looked so proud of her-self that she'd deprived my son of his toys too. Very warped to me.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
This thread has me lol

Our neighbors are all pretty normal, except for the older couple who lives directly behind us. Our backyard faces theirs and we're about 8 feet higher than they are, with a chain link fence in between. A few times when we've been out on our back patio, the elderly wife has come out onto her back patio and hollered at us to keep it down. Now, bear in mind it is just myself & my husband sitting on our patio talking in normal tones. Our backyard is quite large, so our patio is probably at least a good 100 feet from their back door. Also... this couple is easily in their late 70s. There's *no way* she can hear us talking! Also I find it amusing that she never goes on these backyard tirades when the teenage boy next door to them has his country music blaring for hours on end while he cleans the pool, but whatever. lol

This is the same couple that also cut all of the honeysuckle we had growing on our back fence. This happened maybe 2 summers ago. It was beautiful and it smelled lovely, and they came along & snipped the vines all along the bottom of the fence, so it all died. Urgh. I was so angry when I saw it, that I pulled all the dead vines off our fence and tossed them down into their backyard.

I have no idea why they act so snotty to us, because unlike their other neighbor we're never loud, we don't have noisy pets, we keep our yard up, and we've only tried to be nice since we moved in.

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I forgot to add, we once had a lady who was randomly driving past our house stop and frantically start ringing our doorbell. My husband answered and she exclaimed that there was a large amount of smoke coming from our backyard and she was afraid our house was on fire. My husband explained to her that he was smoking a brisket out back and shut the door. Nice that she was concerned... but didn't she have a sense of smell? lol

I'm glad that jp and lincsong are all for top down enforcement of local ordnance (who, exactly, has the right to tell someone what to do with their own property? maybe all those Fidel's on the local council?).

I must say that this has come as quite a shock to the system … I'll need to rest for a while to get over the bay area transfer to left wing politics. :eusa_clap;) Join me brothers!!

Debout, les damnés de la terre
Debout, les forçats de la faim

Interesting. Corner lots usually have very little yard. That is why lazy people tend to buy them. :p

Last edited:

rue

I have a neighbour who when my son was 3 went through a phase of lobbing his toys over the garden fence. I'm talking light plastic skittles, balls, buzz lightyears and woody dolls. She came knocking on my door brandishing a black bin liner of toys, she said she had been collecting them up for 2 weeks and had kept them in her shed for a month to teach my son the lesson that he shouldn't lob toys over her fence. And that they could have caused her children a serious injury if say any of them had hit them on the head. She looked so proud of her-self that she'd deprived my son of his toys too. Very warped to me.
How rude! I can't believe she did that!!
This thread has me lol

Our neighbors are all pretty normal, except for the older couple who lives directly behind us. Our backyard faces theirs and we're about 8 feet higher than they are, with a chain link fence in between. A few times when we've been out on our back patio, the elderly wife has come out onto her back patio and hollered at us to keep it down. Now, bear in mind it is just myself & my husband sitting on our patio talking in normal tones. Our backyard is quite large, so our patio is probably at least a good 100 feet from their back door. Also... this couple is easily in their late 70s. There's *no way* she can hear us talking! Also I find it amusing that she never goes on these backyard tirades when the teenage boy next door to them has his country music blaring for hours on end while he cleans the pool, but whatever. lol

This is the same couple that also cut all of the honeysuckle we had growing on our back fence. This happened maybe 2 summers ago. It was beautiful and it smelled lovely, and they came along & snipped the vines all along the bottom of the fence, so it all died. Urgh. I was so angry when I saw it, that I pulled all the dead vines off our fence and tossed them down into their backyard.

I have no idea why they act so snotty to us, because unlike their other neighbor we're never loud, we don't have noisy pets, we keep our yard up, and we've only tried to be nice since we moved in.

I never know why some neighbors are like that. There's always one loon or one grouch in the group :rolleyes: I would have cried over those plants being cut :(

I forgot to add, we once had a lady who was randomly driving past our house stop and frantically start ringing our doorbell. My husband answered and she exclaimed that there was a large amount of smoke coming from our backyard and she was afraid our house was on fire. My husband explained to her that he was smoking a brisket out back and shut the door. Nice that she was concerned... but didn't she have a sense of smell? lol

lol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Interesting. Corner lots usually have very little yard. That is why lazy people tend to buy them. :p
Do you think before you post??? How can a corner lot have very little yard??? What do you think the side yard is???? The yard's on a corner house are large; you have the yard that's on front of the house and yard that's on the side of the house. So are you trying to say that the side yard is non-existent???

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad that jp and lincsong are all for top down enforcement of local ordnance (who, exactly, has the right to tell someone what to do with their own property? maybe all those Fidel's on the local council?).

I must say that this has come as quite a shock to the system … I'll need to rest for a while to get over the bay area transfer to left wing politics. :eusa_clap;) Join me brothers!!

Debout, les damnés de la terre
Debout, les forçats de la faim
Baron, you've jumped the gun. I'm not for local ordinance. If someone wants to paint their house lavender with pink polka dots, that's fine with me. If they want to tear it down and build a house 3 times the size of the original, that's great. But, if the guys a pig, then hey he's got a right to be a pig, but I can criticize the swine just as well.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
My neighbors are so far away that I can't even see them. There are not a lot of fields on my farm, the farm was mainly making it's income from the woods when it was in operation so dense woods surounds the fields. Besides the closest neighbor is over 3 kilometer away and we are very good friends, she actually use my fields for a very low rent

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
You would think that having a rapper as a neighbor could pose some potential nuisance issues but it turns out the guy is as quiet as a mouse and rarely has house parties. Instead, I have another neighbor, a sixty-something German fellow , who parties almost every night. He is the Energizer Bunny of partying. He's a big, loud, gregarious guy who loves the sound of his voice and needs to party BIG. He fancies himself the impresario of fun. His nickname in the neighborhood is The Big Noise. I had to laugh a while back when the rapper was complaining to me that he had to call the noise abatement squad on him three times in one week.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
^^^^^^^
That's funny A.C. That reminds me of when I was child & the next door neighbour (who was normally very quiet) would get on the turps every Saturday night & play Julio Iglesias at full volume for hours.
Arrgggghhhhhhhh...........
[video=youtube;G0zQJVJwNd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zQJVJwNd0[/video]

rue

^^^^^^^
That's funny A.C. That reminds me of when I was child & the next door neighbour (who was normally very quiet) would get on the turps every Saturday night & play Julio Iglesias at full volume for hours.
Arrgggghhhhhhhh...........
[video=youtube;G0zQJVJwNd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zQJVJwNd0[/video]

I'd rather listen to Julio.... the 27 year old couple across the street at my last house used to play hip hop music constantly as loud as they could on Wednesday and Thursday nights until 3am.... thump thump thump :rolleyes:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I'd rather listen to Julio.... the 27 year old couple across the street at my last house used to play hip hop music constantly as loud as they could on Wednesday and Thursday nights until 3am.... thump thump thump :rolleyes:

I don't know Rue, I think they probably play Julio at Guantanamo Bay. It's a torture hearing the same song for hours on end. Trust me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR