Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYLON JACKET CARE

SteveZ

One of the Regulars
Hey Guys,

Just got a cool sage green CWU-36P jacket from UPS that I ordered and was this coat really balled up tight in a tiny package. It is full of creases and wrinkles. Interesting to note that this is not a DRY CLEAN ONLY garment. The inside tag says to machine or hand wash the jacket. Doesnt say anything about drying it.

Can I toss this coat in our clothes dryer and let the heat smooth some of the wrinkles out ? If you can machine wash it, I guess you can machine dry it too.

Any opinions ? Many thanks to all my TFL friends.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
I would not use a high heat setting with nylon. ive had stuff shrink up on that setting. i would do air fluff or something like that

John_Z

Familiar Face
In my experience of MIL spec MA1's & CWU-36P's they are all dry clean only. That said I've always machine washed mine. You run the risk of the thing coming apart at the seams though as did one of my CWU-36P's. As for creasing the nylon by it's nature doesn't tend to retain them & 'remembers' it's natural state. Just wearing it for a short while will probably see any creases & wrinkles disappear.

Funny. I had that jacket, 1990-something make, and it never got any creases, even though I often machine washed it...

SteveZ

One of the Regulars
My jacket tag specifically says NOT TO DRY CLEAN. It says to machine or hand wash it. Never saw this before.

SteveZ

One of the Regulars
Tossed the jacket in the dryer on low heat for 5 minutes. All the shipment wrinkles went away !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy