Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obnoxious salesman on EBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Hello, all.

Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with a "the_gladhatter" on EBay? He supposedly makes custom, high-quality hats for about 225.00 a pop. I inquired into an auction he had up and he responded with a somewhat rude and condescending response. I thoroughly believe that anyone who doesn't treat a customer right is not worthy of my business. So, just a warning to any fellow Loungers out there.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Trust me, you haven't experienced anything new. GH's name is something of a swear word around here, as he joined and subsequently alienated this forum (and many others) a while back with his derision of other hatters. His hats are supposedly top notch, although his manners sure aren't. If you want a list of his transgressions on Club Obi-Wan, PM me. -Mulceber

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I think I've heard some other Loungers drop that name before as one to avoid, but i'm not sure. Thanks for the heads up though Tommy. If you're looking for a custom hat, look no further than the Fedora Lounge. We've got some custom hatters around that are definitely worth a look, and you can bet on quality customer service as well. :)

I'm the same way about obnoxious or rude salespeople. The way I see it, if they want my money, they'll treat me good. I know this is a bit archaic, but I don't even like being called by my first name when doing business on the phone. I know it's a bit ridiculous to expect that nowadays, but I have still been known to tell telemarketers/salesmen/etc "I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were on a first name basis." But that's :eek:fftopic:

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
how much time do you have

....to read the posts about GH ??? Do a search of his name here and sit back...I here that is is barred not only from this forum but many others as well...

wait till sharptoys reads this post...he can expound further..

mark the shoeshine boy

RedPop4

One Too Many
I've seen that auction, it's the undying auction.

I've also seen his work first hand, and it is absolutely fantastic. I'm sorry to hear that he's not friendly. He joined "my" forum, CigarWeekly but has only posted once or twice. I didn't notice anything untoward in his manner there.

Diana Weber also joined and posted concerning Montecristi hats.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Actually, I joined the cigar place. I saw some doubt in some of the postings and I want to be sure that no myths take hold.

I see one myth has taken hold. The aforementioned hatter doesn't make any hats himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot