Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Odd names for your Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
I have had and Named some of my Past Pets some Pretty strange names, Once had a Hamster named "Clover joots" cut me some Slack I was like 10 and my sister was like 4!
Though I did name my doggie Gracie ALLEN!
l_ba3862a47a897640e8cc453c83d00cbc.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I had two tabby cats for fifteen years. I found them both in the yard, they wouldn't tell me their names or give me any other information, so I named them John Doe and Jane Doe.

Lee

mike

Call Me a Cab
This is Dr. Gogol!

headstrong.jpg

snoozedistant.jpg

Named as such when I got him, I thought he resembled Peter Lorre's character from Mad Love with a big round white head. Not sure if it's so accurate, but the sweetheart is stuck with it anyways :p

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
This is Otaku (Japanese for, more or less, "nerd") ripping keys off the laptop with the launch codes. Otaku is a yellow-sided green cheek conure, which means trouble in any language.

IMG_5756.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A long time ago we had two dogs that their former owner named "Wallygeeyapoopalot" and "Knobbyknickerbocker".

Read 'em out loud.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
When I was a kid my brother came home with a screech owl that we nursed to health all summer and successfully released. We called him J. Keith Funsten after the former president of the NY Stock Exchange. Around the same time he came home with a tiny baby snapping turtle. We named him (presumptiously presuming it was a "he") Aelfgifu, thinking Aelfgifu was a Saxon King. Turns out she was a Saxon princess. Whatever. Watching him/her devour an earthworm was like a miniature battle of dinasaurs.
I called my old cat Gooby Dog, for reasons I can't explain.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
other creatures

I also had a black lab named Ms. Melanie L. Barker - Mellie

and a brindle boxer named - Roxanne Tigerlilly von Donovan -Roxie

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
In my childhood I had a pastel calico cat named Splotchina Veronica Eustacia Klotz!
Splotch for brevity.
my sister Catherine calls Gracie Allen Bingo Tutti judy Stewart
Tutti cause she Loves "meet me in St Louis" and Bingo was the name of our Beloved Dog that Died!
an d Judy.....of Coures Her Idol Judy Garland

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
This is my current pal, Snoopy:

Snoopy1-1.jpg

and me about fifteen years ago with my dear old friend, Fred Basset, who sadly passed away a few years ago now:

fred.jpg

You may have noticed my interest in newspaper cartoons from these names :D

If I have another dog he'll probably be called Bonzo, after the famous 1920s/30s dog created by George Studdy:

froth_blower2.jpg

jayem

A-List Customer
One of my cocker spaniels is named Mr. Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice). I call him Darc or D for short.

I had a hamster named 'The Senator'.

Where I work theres a ton of odd names...:
-A wheaton named 'Snowshoe'
-Malamute named 'Rexy Bear'
-Westie named 'Fahey Flynn'
-Min-pin named 'Diogi' (say it outloud with a soft G)
-cat named 'Mr. Formal'
-cat named 'Cheesy Pringles'

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if the names would be considered odd, but I have a pair of Australian Cattle Dog/Australian Shepherd mixes that are named Bogie and Bacall.

We also had three cats that are named Buffy, Willow, and Xander. We wound up giving Buffy to our daughter, though, so just down to Willow and Xander.

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner