Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Odd names for your Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
My pug is called Grisling, which sort of means 'piglet' - I didn't name him though, his previous owners did.

Foto95.jpg

Feel sorry for my brother's cats. His last three in order: Stink, Stink II and (current cat) Booger.

Naama said:
I called my mothers dog Basil, after Basil Hallward from Picture of Dorian Grey, it's pretty funny that my great uncle can't pronounce it right and always calls him Daisy (??not as this would even sound familiar) lol

Naama

My mother has a similar problem: she can't remember names when calling people. Once, while addressing my older sister (her middle child of seven) she listed every last child, her own sisters (our aunts) and the neighbors dog before finally calling Peggy by the name she'd given her. :D

Before I was born, my mother had a dog she'd named, Phydeaux.

Lee

Part of a long line of confused children.

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Well, we have a bearded dragon we affectionately named Eddie (L)izzard.
(He doesn't wear makeup though...not that we know of!)

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
HandsomeCat_smaller.jpg
[/IMG]
Here's my cat, Dolemite. The shelter where I adopted him from named him that, after the Rudy Ray Moore character, and I just couldn't change it. I think the name has given him an inflated ego. He thinks he's much tougher than he is.

rumblefish

One Too Many
ADG said:
Maia and Lucy, aka Bavarian Mini Wiffersniffer and Bavarian Mini Wippersnapper.
6e540234aa.jpg
Cute.:eusa_clap
These two look like they should have a couple of sunny side eggs next to them.;)

When I was a boy I had a hamster named Benjahamster, and two gerbils name Abbot and Costello.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Most people think my cats name is morbid but, I thought it was unique. I named my 11 yr old cat after Jenny Wade the only civilian killed during the battle go gettysburg. Making her full name Jenny Wade Stanley Collins. We call her Jenny or "knock that off!"
jenny.jpg

Samantha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred