Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Oh you need Fluff fluff fluff, to make a fluffernutter with Marshmallow Fluff"

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Strawberry preserves + slices of banana + marshmallow fluff = Bliss.

Of course now it'd probably kill me. Back then, I figured two kinds of fruit meant it HAD to be healthy.

-Viola

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viola said:
Strawberry preserves + slices of banana + marshmallow fluff = Bliss.

Of course now it'd probably kill me. Back then, I figured two kinds of fruit meant it HAD to be healthy.

-Viola

I like the way you think, lady. :D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Donna/Dante said:
I make a very tasty fudge with Marshmallow Fluff. Double Decker peanut butter and bittersweet chocolate. I'll post the recipe if folks are interested.

-d

I make my fudge using the recipe on the marshmallow creme jar. I usually make it with semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips. The creme makes the fudge really light. Mmmmmm, good!

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
More Recipes to Try

I see the Fluff website offers a cookbook as a freely-downloadable pdf at http://marshmallowfluff.com/media/pdf/yummybook.pdf

I saw the west coast equivalent, Kraft Jet-Puffed, at the store this evening after reading this thread. I only resisted buying it after hearing my doctor's suggestion to lose a few pounds still echoing in my conscience. Or maybe it was the Ben Franks hot dog I had just eaten. Whatever.

As soon as I feel like my resistance is sufficiently weak, I'll go out and get some to try. I don't want you kids having all the fun!

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
It's not particularly innovative or anything, but when my brothers and I were young kids, my grandma used to make us fluffernuttter crackers that we were crazy about.

I've always thought that along with coffee milk, that marshmallow fluff was pretty much a New England thing. Is that the case?

carebear

erikb02809 said:
It's not particularly innovative or anything, but when my brothers and I were young kids, my grandma used to make us fluffernuttter crackers that we were crazy about.

I've always thought that along with coffee milk, that marshmallow fluff was pretty much a New England thing. Is that the case?

My mom made us fluffernutters and used the fudge recipe here in Alaska.

But... she and my dad are from Boston. [huh]

Daisy Buchanan

erikb02809 said:

COFFEEE MILK! YUM!!! You know I grew up down the street from the old Eclipse factory! But, I hate to say it Coffee Milk is really only a Rhode Island thing. I believe it is the state drink!
So funny I'm in Rhode Island right now visiting the folks. My mom asked me what I wanted for dinner. I told her Olneyville System of course!!! EricB if you don't know what I'm talking about, you are not a true RI'er. Oh, and Dels lemonade. You can't get that anywhere by RI either. People are really missing out in the rest of the world!

As for fluff, I love the stuff. Fluffernutters with banana's are the best! I actually thought I was the only 32 year old who still eats the stuff! But then again I like smores too, come to think of it, anything with sugar!
Yes, DancingSweetie, wonderful way to mainline sugar!!! I like the way you put that, since I'm always trying new ways to do so. Pixie Stix are another great way to get pure sugar into the system....

Mahinatakataka

New in Town
Oh, yes

One of my brothers and I have long had a teasing relationship. So this Christmas, among other goofy gifts, I wrapped up a jar of Fluffernutter :D

Actually, it's pretty tasty stuff and for those of us who are watching our cholesterol go up and away (sadly, like yours truly) it contains no cholesterol.

Can't beat that with a stick!

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
COFFEEE MILK! YUM!!! You know I grew up down the street from the old Eclipse factory! But, I hate to say it Coffee Milk is really only a Rhode Island thing. I believe it is the state drink!
So funny I'm in Rhode Island right now visiting the folks. My mom asked me what I wanted for dinner. I told her Olneyville System of course!!! EricB if you don't know what I'm talking about, you are not a true RI'er. Oh, and Dels lemonade. You can't get that anywhere by RI either. People are really missing out in the rest of the world!

As for fluff, I love the stuff. Fluffernutters with banana's are the best! I actually thought I was the only 32 year old who still eats the stuff! But then again I like smores too, come to think of it, anything with sugar!
Yes, DancingSweetie, wonderful way to mainline sugar!!! I like the way you put that, since I'm always trying new ways to do so. Pixie Stix are another great way to get pure sugar into the system....

I had to skip lunch at work today, and happend to just read this now at 4:30 pm or so, and the thought of a fluffernutter or one of those Olneyville hot dogs has got me ready to pass out. Must...have...fooooooood....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy