Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oil Cleansing Method

Flicka

One Too Many
I'm going to try this too. I meant to make my own cold cream, but I haven't got all the ingredients and since I ran out of my usual cleanser, I figured I might as well give this a try. Got some castor oil today. Very curious as I really want to switch to homemade, eco-friendly hygien products altogether.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I don't know if you've already tried this, but Castor Oil is sold as a laxative in the US in most pharmacies, so it is typically on the bottom shelf of the laxative section. I realize you are an ocean away, but if I went into any store in the US and said I wanted Castor Oil, they probably would say the same thing about not selling it.

Castor Oil is used as a topical treatment by many acupuncturists and herbalists. This is the brand that's sold around here and I use it as a skin softener. For me it works best after a shower, and I also use a drop on my toes and heels to keep them from appearing dry when they're exposed in shoes. It's unscented and the viscosity (I hope I'm using this word correctly) is thicker than say, massage oil.

Flicka

One Too Many
OK, after doing the OCM for a few days, I have to say that so far I'm liking it. No outbreak of anything, I think it looks like it cleaned up the pores pretty well and I feel soft and smooth. I was meaning to make my own cold cream but right now I'm thinking I might stick with this instead. Or alternate, maybe?

Here, they have castor oil in all health/herbal stores. Typically they have almond, jojoba and castor. I got it from the shop right around the corner (and then the man gave me a sample of a laxative powder so lord knows what he thought I wanted it for lol ).

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Oil Cleansing Method.

Has anyone tried it?

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

My skin is absolutely awful at the moment! It is never clear but has just gone crazy lately. I have been using Liz Earle for a while but it hasn't made much difference at all.

It sounds good but many of these things do!

I would just love to be able to have nice skin and to leave the house without foundation!

brookenormajean

New in Town
I have just started the oil cleansing method, almost a week now and I am loving it so far... I'm using 1/3 castor and 2/3 grapeseed my skin is already getting quite clear and it has a glow to it... now i'm just dreading the purging stage though!! I think it will be worth it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112